PDA

View Full Version : GPS maps - Which is better?

lawlu
09-01-2010, 11:03 AM
I was browsing through the 2010 regs and found an ad for interactivem*ps.ca. I went to their website and couldn't find out much info. Has anyone tried this map system vs the BCBackro**ds GPS maps? If so, which is better? There is a substantial price difference.

BlacktailStalker
09-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Price difference in a good or bad way?
Like to hear more about this too...

The MAPSOURCE maps are extremely outdated and MANY roads are completely unpassable (grown in,deactivated)
Why they still sell them at the price they do when they are SO outdated is beyond me, I find it quite annoying using them for what I need them for.
I would safely say that 50% of the roads are unpassable here on the Island and 75% of newly constructed roads in the last 4-5 years are not even on the maps.
They need to get off their purse and provide us with UPDATED software. Surely their cost has been recovered multiple times since the first release and they owe it to the consumers to offer a BETTER product.

zedex
09-01-2010, 07:24 PM
There are other free maps out there like ibycus . I tried them and compared them side by side with garmin topo Canada and i liked TC a tiny bit more. Tiny bit more detail. Thats it.