PDA

View Full Version : Goudie Rd Wolves

OutWest
08-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Two of my friends were up Goudie yesterday and only a couple kms off the pavement they saw 2 wolves bedded down in a cut. Both were white. Anyone else ever seen wolves around here (Kelowna) before? I know the guy who hit and killed the black wolf off Joe Rich FSR in 2007. At the time Greg Hoyer said it was the first confirmed wolf in the Kelowna district in at least the past 18 years he had been here.

Stone Sheep Steve
08-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Tell them to get GPS coordinates and all other details and email them to Brian Harris.

Harris, Brian S ENV:EX
E-mail Address(es):

Brian.S.Harris@gov.bc.ca

Have only seen sign, myself. Lots of other reports of sightings, though.
Ed Hoyer?? Must be a hybrid!:mrgreen:

SSS

one-shot-wonder
08-31-2010, 06:56 PM
I Took a picture of a black/Silver wolf on the 201 FSR in Feb. 2009

Slickfork
08-31-2010, 07:06 PM
My son and I saw a gray-silver wolf in that same area some 25 years ago.

slickfork

OutWest
08-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Tell them to get GPS coordinates and all other details and email them to Brian Harris.

Harris, Brian S ENV:EX
E-mail Address(es):

Brian.S.Harris@gov.bc.ca

Have only seen sign, myself. Lots of other reports of sightings, though.
Ed Hoyer?? Must be a hybrid!:mrgreen:

SSS

I recieve a few emails from Brian throughout the year so I will definitely be letting him know :wink:.

The only time I've seen wolf sign in Region 8 was on a mountain high above Cherryville late last season.

OutWest
08-31-2010, 07:08 PM
I Took a picture of a black/Silver wolf on the 201 FSR in Feb. 2009

Would love to see a pic! A friend of mine told me he saw one off the 201 last year as well. You likely know him :-D.

Alpine85
08-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Seen a big ******* wolf putting a run on muley doe up Moore Mtn last year.

Fisher-Dude
08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Saw a black wolf at Sandrift in 2008. I see more and more sign in the Okanagan these days. Time for a season!

Everyone, be sure to report ALL credible wolf sightings and wolf sign to Brian Harris, as he is doing his damndest to get a season for us here, and needs as much data as possible to present to Victoria. Thanks.

Gunner
08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Brian Harris would like information on ALL wolf sightings or tracks found in Region 8.Please contact him with dates and locations.It's important,it may be the only way we'll ever get a wolf season in Region 8.Thanks,Gunner

Fisher-Dude
08-31-2010, 08:07 PM
LOL! Great minds think alike Gunner!

Bow Walker
08-31-2010, 08:34 PM
See the news tonight? There's at least one wolf in East Sooke Regional Park. It's been phptpgraphed twice in the last three or four days, once down on a spit eating a seal pup.

There are a lot of people living out in East Sooke - it ain't exactly deserted.

Ruger4
08-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Mugford and Greyback lake

peashooter
08-31-2010, 09:02 PM
ed hoyer????

one-shot-wonder
08-31-2010, 09:13 PM
He meant to say Greg Seitz.

OutWest
08-31-2010, 09:14 PM
ed hoyer????

Sorry was thinking Seitz at the time I wrote it. I'll correct it for ya.

peashooter
08-31-2010, 09:15 PM

oh that makes a little more sense. lol.

peashooter
08-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Sorry was thinking Seitz at the time I wrote it. I'll correct it for ya.

just busting your balls bud. i think everyone knows i just like to rock the boat from time to time.

luckynuts
09-01-2010, 08:47 AM
See the news tonight? There's at least one wolf in East Sooke Regional Park. It's been phptpgraphed twice in the last three or four days, once down on a spit eating a seal pup.

Funny! I used to live in East Sooke. There was always a small pack that would come down and hang around Matheson lk a couple times a year (late eighties). We had cougars in the back yard and one winter had a black bear try and steal our freezer right from the back porch:-D was excellent bow hunting for the skittish blacktails.

W.

Bow Walker
09-01-2010, 09:27 AM
There still is good bow hunting there, and cougars have been sighted this year too. The wolf (or wolves) have just recently made the news. It was a black one with a white patch on his chest. Biologists have looked at the pics and definitely identified it as a wolf and not a dog. Cool.

MB_Boy
09-01-2010, 09:36 AM

Not sure if they had the pics on the news.....but here's a link to them.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15964&whichpage=1

Squamch
09-01-2010, 09:37 AM

We scared up three of em and saved a nice fork a couple weeks ago dirtbikin off kirby main which s off Boyds rd.

luckynuts
09-01-2010, 10:12 AM
There still is good bow hunting there, and cougars have been sighted this year too. The wolf (or wolves) have just recently made the news. It was a black one with a white patch on his chest. Biologists have looked at the pics and definitely identified it as a wolf and not a dog. Cool.

There is always cougars in there all year round. We did the upgrade at William head penitentiary and the deer and cats in there were thick! We used to get a female bring her kittens into our back yard. You always new when the cougars were around because our house cats would do anything to stay inside! When hunting the property I would always find racoon remains. Our property used to back on to Joan Yates aka "Cougar lady". Mom now lives in Cowichan lake and has some good deer on her land might even inspire me to p-up the bow again and chase the little devils around:wink:

W.

rockdog
09-01-2010, 01:46 PM
2o years ago my partner and I saw a pack of wolves multiple times on top of Bug Creek FSR, which is basically the bottom of the Greystokes. Haven't hunted there for years so I don't know what the deal is now. While hiking thru some thick cover on the Bald Range 3 years ago we heard several wolves howling from what sounded to me to be VERY close. My partner and I were quite surprised as neither of us had heard any reports of wolves on the westside. Has anyone else had any lupine encounters over there?

shantz
09-01-2010, 02:12 PM
We saw two silver guys up Bug Creek two years ago while scouting.

igojuone
09-01-2010, 02:49 PM
We saw two silver guys up Bug Creek two years ago while scouting.

I was just going to say the same, up Bug Road Main at about the 50 km marker, saw three in late 2008.

Ruger4
09-01-2010, 03:03 PM

hmmm
how bout Greg Hoyer and Ed Seitz
Hoyer is retired now

OutWest
09-01-2010, 05:06 PM
hmmm
Hoyer is retired now

He was making a joke.

Fisher-Dude
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM
hmmm
Hoyer is retired now

Nope. He meant Ed Kruger. :wink:

one-shot-wonder
09-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Here it is..........

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c387/One-Shot-Wonder/hunting/WolfPics08001.jpg

Andy83
09-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Saw 2 big grey and white wolves sprinting through a cutblock up Gilard, south of Kelowna yesterday. Big ones.

.300WSMImpact!
09-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Saw 2 big grey and white wolves sprinting through a cutblock up Gilard, south of Kelowna yesterday. Big ones.

and have not seen deer in there since

Andy83
09-15-2010, 06:38 AM
No deer anywhere. Theyre on vacation.

calvin L
09-15-2010, 07:58 AM
What is wrong with all you reg 8 guy's . There are NO wolves in reg 8 none, ni,l zip 0 . They are all just big yotes . :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: . And they have a season .It is time the gov't pulls there head out of the A$$ and does the right thing .

calvin L