PDA

View Full Version : Trail cams, which one?

TPB
08-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm looking to buy a trail cam just for the hell of it and I'm wondering if anyone has a good model that isn't to pricey but is a decent product, any ideas?

Rodd
08-31-2010, 09:06 AM
I have used many trailcams, and my favourite is the Cuddeback Capture around 200$ and it uses a flash which I like, as the night pictures are much better in color. Trigger speed is un-beatable, and batterie life is good, and it will take pictures down and beyond -15 C many other simply do not work in the cold. The Moultrie i tried quit taking pictures at -5. IMO

WoodOx
08-31-2010, 09:49 AM
what kind of battery life you gettin on the cuddleback?

TPB
08-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the idea Rodd

Rodd
08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
I put new batteries in it in june, and its been out everyday since and its still running on the same set. It depends on how many pictures its taking, and how many are at night with the flash. I had it with new batteries in it in Sask last fall and it took over 1200 pictures in one week at between -5 and -25 and batteries were still working... My Dad had a Bushnell (little one 4x6inches) and it worked great as well. Others do work, but the trigger speed on the cuddeback is un-beatable from what I've seen. It gets pictures of birds flying past etc... Moultrie missed birds almost everytime.