PDA

View Full Version : I dont understand people

dougal
08-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I was looking at some stuff "map info on-line" and bumped into this hiker forum similar to ours but not as cool.
They were having a conversation about there outrage at having to share the local woods with hunters thought someone might be interested.
From 2009 Not new so don't get your panties in a bunch before its read just interesting to look at the perspective of the non hunters on Black bear info and some misconceptions the public have on our passion.

Dougal

http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30619

BOOTS!
08-30-2010, 09:33 PM
I read that forum on a regular basis, as i do a lot of hiking in the summer.

There are a lot of decent folks on there, and a lot of hippies. Just like this site, there are a lot of decent people, and a lot of red necks.

Both interests can exist without conflict. One can be a hunter and a hiker, or a hiker and a hunter. It just takes respect for each other :)

dougal
08-30-2010, 09:37 PM
I totaly agree there are quite a few responers with quite a leval head and good info its just a good artical on the outher perspective on our hunting.
I love to "hike" in the back country but I call it scouting.. lol

TIKA 300
08-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Have hiked with this hiker in particular,got a great head on his shoulders,him and his wifes passion for the bush are unsurpassed

"The spring bear hunt has been going on for decades and the vast majority of hunters are responsible, safe and respectful"(Quoted from Billygoat,Clubtread)

dougal
08-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't know lots of people on here, and I have seen some topics turn quite heated. So im not looking to ruffle feathers, I for one love hiking,hunting and outdoor adventure seeking as often as I can and with the bow season opening and funds lower than usual its going to be a localish hunt for this season and I expect to bump into some people non hunting in our beutiful country.. I have no problem with anyone enjoying bcs many outdoor activitys. Its just kinda interesting how some people get all fussy because someone has found a different purpose for there chosen area. kinda connects to the thread about secret hunting spots and our missconceptions on a certan sweet spot for the bigones.

Gun Dog
08-30-2010, 10:17 PM
I ended up here because someone on clubtread pointed me here. There's many hikers who hunt too.

Those outraged hikers are also outraged about ATVs, mountain bikes, snowmobilers, forest companies, mining companies, run of river companies, ski resorts, well, you get the picture.

dougal
08-30-2010, 10:37 PM
we even have those arguments here about the foot hunters vrs the quad riders, we aren't that special with our views but it is important to be as informed as possible about the views of the locals and the non hunting community as to our actions in the wild.
If I am hunting and bumped into some hikers or such I would respect there rights to be there as I hope they would respect mine.

Shooter Jr.
08-31-2010, 12:00 AM
I would never eat spring bear meat, it's usually toxic from the bear being starving by the time it wakes up from winter and starts to eat again.HAHAHAHA I shot a spring bear and I'm pretty sure it wasn't toxic........

Mind you it was more of a late spring bear..... :mrgreen:

pete_k
08-31-2010, 12:45 AM
According to one poster. Only 500 black bears left in the entire BC Rockies. And they are endangered.

That calibre of BS rivals some of the best BS I've seen on this site.

dougal
08-31-2010, 05:07 AM
that's what got me poor info from other sources can lead to a huge gap in the information chain. if there were only 500 black bears/grizzlies left we would be in for a big problem as to the survival of the species.
and even though the thread is from 2009 there were and have been since reports of grizz migration into human habitat as well as contact with them where they havent been for quite some time "the Island"
and its not that they are the only ones I have had a few people say "you can hunt bears I thought they were endangerd"

NaStY
08-31-2010, 08:04 AM
There is only 500 left in north Vancouver:mrgreen:..

Chuck
08-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Some people definitely need a reality check. Myself - I don't like flies and so I steer clear of dung heaps. You know, it's difficult to find the one without the other.