PDA

View Full Version : SSS/BCRAMS article in BC outdoors!!

lightmag
08-30-2010, 10:33 AM
just finished reading the great write up in the pre-season 2010 BC outdoors Hunting and shooting mag. It's by SSS and BCrams!! about their sheep hunt, good job guys, defiantly a keeper read!!

Stone Sheep Steve
08-30-2010, 11:12 AM
just finished reading the great write up in the pre-season 2010 BC outdoors Hunting and shooting mag. It's by SSS and BCrams!! about their sheep hunt, good job guys, defiantly a keeper read!!

Not by me. BCrams is the pro writer and writes a pretty good story!
Is it the hunt or the sheep hunting gear article?? Story is also on his BCO blog.

SSS

lightmag
08-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Is it the hunt or the sheep hunting gear article?? Story is also on his BCO blog.

SSS

sheep hunting gear!! very useful and a keeper list.

jml11
08-30-2010, 12:19 PM
sheep hunting gear!! very useful and a keeper list.

I was going to say that is quick turnaround on the write up, editing and printing!!

That article came out a couple months ago and is indeed a good one. I used it (as well as BigWhiteys updated list) to revise my sheep packing list this year. It sure helps being able to talk about gear that works and doesn't with exprienced sheep hunters. Thanks again guys! :-D The only problem is that my hunting wish list got a whole lot longer...and more expensive :icon_frow.

BCrams
08-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks! Anything to get guys out hunting. The only thing that has changed this year was substituting oatmeal with protein bars which weighed less.

Jagermeister
08-30-2010, 01:09 PM

SSS
BCrams account of the recent sheep hunt was a worthy read.
I have to say that the two of you are without a doubt the the most hardcore sheep hunters in existance.
An epic tale like that is very worthy of a first place in "Outdoors Writers" award, not like some of the drivel that has won quasi ranking.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-30-2010, 01:15 PM
I still recall reading Rams Article he wrote many years ago about a Sheep hunt with his Dad ....

I will be sure to pick this one up too ....

Thanks Greg for the Read

Stone Sheep Steve
08-30-2010, 03:29 PM
I have to say that the two of you are without a doubt the the most hardcore sheep hunters in existance.
An epic tale like that is very worthy of a first place in "Outdoors Writers" award, not like some of the drivel that has won quasi ranking.

Oh, there's waaaay more hard-core sheep hunters out there than us. They just don't wite about it:wink:.

I still recall reading Rams Article he wrote many years ago about a Sheep hunt with his Dad ....

I will be sure to pick this one up too ....

Thanks Greg for the Read

Yes, that was a great article in Eastmans! BCR probably undersold what they actually did during that hunt. I've hunted that area and am absolutely amazed at the country they covered. Greg's Dad was 59 at the time and was needing a knee replacement. Now I know where Greg gets his mental toughness from. That was one hard-earned ram!!

SSS

BCrams
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM

Thanks Jager. While we hunt hard and do what is necessary, there are fellows out there that are way more hard-core out there!!

swampthing
08-30-2010, 06:36 PM
is this magazine on the newsstand now or can it be read online?

killman
08-30-2010, 06:50 PM
is this magazine on the newsstand now or can it be read online?

Was at the grocery store yesterday.