PDA

View Full Version : challenging C.O.R.E

twoSevenO
04-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Hello,

Just curious if you guys can provide some info on where and when a person can challenge the CORE exam, and what is the policy. ie. Am i able to do it at any place that does CORE courses and stuff, or is challnging the exam only available at specific times etc.

I'm planning to do it at the end of this month (if possible) so realistically when should i expect to have my test graded, approved, and ready to hunt ?

Thanks very much

(P.S. I do not have my PAL yet either, planning to do that soon as well :grin:)

CanAm500
04-27-2006, 01:59 PM
PM Blacktail, I challanged the test with him. Great guy!!

I got my results within a week, got my number a week later, and my licence a week after that. It takes about a week to get your certificate, then you can go out and get your number whenever (same as your licence).

boonerbuck
04-27-2006, 02:26 PM
You just need to find a CORE examiner. He'll provide the test. Simple.

sub urban bow hunter
04-27-2006, 02:30 PM
http://www.bcwf.bc.ca/documents/s=66/bcw1119484027064/examinerlist.pdf
hopefully that link worked
Phone examiners in your area and ask if you can challenge, how much and when.
I think I paid $25, had the results that night, went to BCWF the next day, stopped at the government agents office on my way thru chilliwack that afternoon and had my mullie in the back of the truck a couple days later.
PAL takes a lot longer!:roll:

twoSevenO
04-27-2006, 02:42 PM
hmm easy enough. I thought challgenging was a little more complicated, since you're not taking the course and what not.

thanks again

04-27-2006, 03:52 PM
If you take the pal first, you only need to write the written part of your core...the practical is covered with your pal. My wife paid for the one course and challenged the core.

Blacktail
04-27-2006, 04:11 PM
What you need to do first is find an examiner in your area and set up a time with him to write the test.
You will know the results with in 10 minutes of completing both tests and At that point you will have to wait until the examiner sends away your registration form with the fee to the BCWF.
They will send you your grad certificate which you must take to a government agents affice where they will stamp validate it and they will issue you your hunter number on the spot.

IF you are coming over to "the rock" anytime soon let me know and you can come over here and write it.