PDA

View Full Version : Update on "Help hunting boots"

RoscoeP
08-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Well much to my surprise I did find a pair of hunting boots today. They are Diotto brand, made in Italy. I have never heard of them but they looked well made and fit so good I had to buy them. They have 400 grams of thinsulate which was around what I was looking for. I could have got a pair with 800 grams but those boots seemed stiffer and $100 more. The ones I got were $299. Time will tell if the boots last and stay comfortable but they feel like slippers with support. I hope I made a good choice.
I don't normally buy a brand I am nor familiar with but I think "made in Italy" swayed me and the fit was to die for.
Anybody have this brand and how are they? I hope I hear good things but want the truth. Thanks Roscoe

Krico
08-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I've got em'. Picked them up this spring, only a few day hikes etc. so far but have been good. The real test will be when I chase goats in the not too distant future.
I put after market insoles in them though, I like a little extra shock absorbtion.

mark
08-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Got em, love em!

Stone Sheep Steve
08-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Took longer to break in than any other boots I've used. Not sure if they have a full shank of not:confused:.
Tried using a better insole but found there was not quite enough room so went back to the originals.
Broke them in pretty good on our last sheep hunt. Definitely don't look new anymore.
I'd recommend adding a set of toe caps by Redwing. Stayed on really good.
Overall....pretty good boot and a great value for the $250 I paid.

SSS

stoneslinger
08-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Where can they be purchased??

RoscoeP
08-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Where can they be purchased??
Granland Firearms in Campbell River BC

Stone Sheep Steve
08-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Have they not been discontinued?
For some reason I'm thinking that the Kenetrek line is replacing them? Not 100% sure on that.

SSS

RoscoeP
08-29-2010, 11:25 AM
For some reason I'm thinking that the Kenetrek line is replacing them? Not 100% sure on that.

SSS
Possibly, Karle Granlund was talking about getting in some Kenetrek boots.

Krico
08-29-2010, 11:30 AM

SSS

The retailer told me that the distributor was not carrying them anymore, as the manufacturer's minimum order size was simply too much for him to carry as inventory. This retailer (Chilcotin Guns) bought out all the remaining stock and blew it out at clearance prices, I got mine for $150+tax. It is possible though that another distributor has started carrying the product since...