PDA

View Full Version : well..went for an evening hunt in Fort St John tonight

shawnwells
08-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Well got 6 days off...and went for my first hunt tonight...the weathers got a touch of the scurvy...but the leaves are changing and it feels like fall...it feels pretty safe weather wise to get on the moose. didnt shoot nothing but had a got a staulk on a moose we couldnt determine whether it was a cow or spiker and it got the juices flowing. saw a whitey buck and a mulie buck chillin together like buddies which is somewhat rare...I called it right away but its easy to see how a mistake could be made if a guy got all carried away. it was awesome to get out for the first time this year...heading out tomorow and tuesday...you'll be one of the first to know if we're successful...really looking forward to headin out for elk on the forth

OutWest
08-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Good luck buddy!

luckynuts
08-28-2010, 09:58 AM
With all this rain and colder temps just be good hunting. Though have to go deep to find the moose now with all the pressure from opener. Have been chatting up the local moose camps around my area of work and everyone is seeing wolves.. Make sure you do your part, whack em and stack em:-D

Good Luck

W

shawnwells
08-28-2010, 10:38 AM
ya brother i heard theres lots of wolves...i saw lots of tracks last year hunting tri palm for a week. i only hammered one wolf in my career to help the cause...but you know i wont hesitate if i get the chance again...hopefully i got some moose pics to post later...
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/paul_and_me_aug_28_2010_002.JPG

luckynuts
08-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Lots from mile 68 up to the Sikanni. My goal is to get my son one this year get him started on the preds early.

w.

shawnwells
08-31-2010, 02:20 PM
well its aug 31 ...and i hate my own guts right now...i missed a close CLOSE! shot a a gorgeous huge wolf this morning..totally killed my confidence...but on a happy not my buddy shot a nice lil spike bull so it made getting up at 3am totally worth it...p.s im a loser wolf misser...totally broken hearted...my wolf count remains at 1...god***nit

whitetailsheds
08-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Just out last nite looking for a bull moose.....didn't see a damn one but my calling (yes i realize it's kinda early, but ya never know so blow me) sure stirred up the puppies!
They came in, but got too dark....
Hitting .1000 so far on trips toward TR on wolves....explains my few moose sightings.

shawnwells
08-31-2010, 04:55 PM
dude a cow full on bawled last night on the block we were on...its really chilly so i dunno...weird i dont think it was a tending grunt because...no calf...i dunno... i cow called right away back to see what would happen but it got dark as hell so im just confused about the whole thing...whatever i guess bro...animals use the same sounds all year so we just dont understand em...s'all good..every a-hole out there says that he knows all about all animals and why they call is exactly that ...an a-hole i do lots of calling and ive had some weird experiences...cheers whitetailsheds ....im so brokenhearted about that wolf today....but we brought home a moose so whatever..it says youre from dawson...do you know ron basset?

ianwuzhere
08-31-2010, 06:54 PM
too bad about the wolf-ive only taken one as well. any pix of the 2 pointer? i know ron.

OutWest
08-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Too bad about the wolf buddy but you'll get many more chances I'm sure. Awesome you guys got a moose though!

shawnwells
08-31-2010, 07:31 PM
thanks nick...ya she was alpha dog...frickin massive ...dont matter cuz i choked...it was so fast man...so fast no time...it f***ed off and i actually whistled it back...my bear trick and i was basically shooting at a wolf shoulder mount when it came back....it was too close i think... rifles in at 2'' high at 100...so it was like panic and...i blew it...oh well if i blow the elk and my buffalo draw then shoot me i guess....no pica of the 2 point cuz it was no shit 2 minutes after daylight and my buddy was like...dont worry about me!! go get yours....totally prime time so we tried to double header....bummer....