PDA

View Full Version : GREENWOOD, bc

aliagha
08-27-2010, 11:24 PM
so for this upcoming youth season, my dad and i decided to check outthe Rock creek, CV area but i just found out thatcome sept 1 and that place is going to be a zoo as 5 to 6 hunting parties that i know of will be heading there. so we decided to make our trip more of a scouting trip and check out the area east of midway, Boundary and greenwood., just need some few tips on where to look, which areas to avoid, any private land there?? have any of you hunt there before?? is it a good area to spend some time???

thanks,
ALI

Fisher-Dude
08-28-2010, 08:11 AM
5 or 6 hunting parties in the CV? That would make for a pretty empty valley. It's huge. And for whitetails, even 50 or 60 hunting parties in there will simply push deer right past you, if you play your cards right. :wink:

Ruger4
08-28-2010, 08:22 AM
5 or 6 hunting parties in the CV? That would make for a pretty empty valley. It's huge. And for whitetails, even 50 or 60 hunting parties in there will simply push deer right past you, if you play your cards right. :wink:

all the deer are on the westside anyways :mrgreen:

aliagha
08-28-2010, 11:03 AM
all the deer are on the westside anyways :mrgreen:

north, south, east, west i have seen deer in every direction......:mrgreen:

curt
08-28-2010, 04:00 PM
I have hunted the CV often in the later part of the season it is ridiculous how many people are in the bush the minute those doe LEH opens!! It is a freaking zoo I wont go back and now with the open season forget it someone is going to get shoot it's just a matter of time. Pickup loads and I mean pickup laods full of hunters, young and old we are talking full cabs and boxes guys and guns everyhere that's not hunting to me!!!!More lke combat training and have had plenty of that already!!! good luck

pete_k
08-28-2010, 04:23 PM
It'll be busy where ever you go down there.

Keep sharp and be safe. Like Curt says. Probably just a matter of time.
There is alot of booze going on as evidenced by all the empty bottles and cans on just about every logging road and spur you can find.

You'll very likely get stopped by a CO so make sure you bring
all your paper work with you and ready to show on the spot.

Fish Hound
08-30-2010, 03:07 PM
I hunt the area every year and lived there for 20 years before moving to the Island. Try Deadwood (past the dump fields), Windfall Creek, or Copper Mountain.....Actually, listen to all the other posts and stay far away...........did I mention I have 3 freezers, 2 of which I use for game......there's enough room for maybe 2 deer or one elk now....may I need another freezer for this year.