PDA

View Full Version : My introduction

TPB
08-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Well like most I have been poking around this site until finally I figured I should say hi and get more involved as I am new to hunting and thought this would be a good spot to ask questions if needed.
I just got my C.O.R.E. this winter and bought a rifle about 15 minutes ago :-D Nobody in my family hunts so thankfully i have found people to take me.

For this joke i see i have to tell- not really a joke but i found it funny:

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 C.
The Russians used a pencil.

And another PG joke

What's the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts?
Beer nuts are a $1.25 but deer nuts are always under a buck.

peashooter
08-27-2010, 08:17 PM
hello and welcome. great jokes too.

TESKELLY
08-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Welcome.....................What model of Rifle?

Bow Walker
08-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the site TPB. I found them sorta funny too.

Looks like you're set for this season - good luck out there.

d6dan
08-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Welcome to HBC. Theirs a couple of yahoo's livin around you that are regular posters on here..So your not alone.:mrgreen:.
Good jokes, I like that 1st one:-D....

lilhoss
08-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Welcome young Jedi.There are some on here that are full of wisdom,and others that are just full of it!.You will learn to tell the difference.Good on ya for taking the initiative to get going hunting.Good luck this season.

The Hermit
08-27-2010, 08:26 PM
You have a rifle! Good start... check the sponsors here for knives, binoculars, cam, ammo, calls, WALL TENTS ;-) scopes, etc etc!!!

Good luck in your first season, and don't forget to get out and practice with that spiffy new gun! Oh and welcome to HBC!!

bsa30-06
08-27-2010, 08:29 PM

yeah come on some details here!!!!!!!oh yeah and welcome to HBC.:-D

TPB
08-27-2010, 08:33 PM

Its a savage 111FCXP3, cheap gun but good reviews and comes with a 3-9x40 bushnell scope. Good enough for a start i suppose.

TPB
08-27-2010, 08:36 PM
You have a rifle! Good start... check the sponsors here for knives, binoculars, cam, ammo, calls, WALL TENTS ;-) scopes, etc etc!!!

Good luck in your first season, and don't forget to get out and practice with that spiffy new gun! Oh and welcome to HBC!!

Haha thanks, and i`ve been fortunate enough to get some donations i guess you would call it. And thanks i can`t wait to go shoot

Bow Walker
08-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Cheap (I'd rather say 'inexpensive') is good - especially when you're on a budget. Nothing wrong with a gun like that. I doubt that the deer or the bears or the moose are going to notice.

bsa30-06
08-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Cheap (I'd rather say 'inexpensive') is good - especially when you're on a budget. Nothing wrong with a gun like that. I doubt that the deer or the bears or the moose are going to notice.

Yep i agree with the above,nothing wrong with that rifle,you do your part and the rifle will do its.

sawmill
08-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Where abouts in Reg.4 are you?If your close to Kimberley shout me up,we`ll go find a deer.

TPB
08-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Scratch that i bought a .270 instead of a 30-06