PDA

View Full Version : Help! Hunting boots

RoscoeP
08-27-2010, 04:13 PM
I am on the island and am having a hard time finding a pair of hunting boots. Trying to find Irish Setters, Elk Trackers but can't seem to find right size or if I do too much insulation or wrong width etc. I am open to other brands as long it is a quality boot. Any suggestions? Hunting season is getting close. Thanks Roscoe

Ozone
08-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Wholesale Sports in Naniamo is were I got mine

Downwind
08-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Try calling Red Wing Shoes in Burnaby and see if they can ship them to you. I can't see why they wouldn't if you know what size you want already.

spear
08-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Im sure I'll catch some flak for this but I bought some scarpas at MEC in Victoria. Very stiff, take awhile to break in but fully waterproof, re-soleable and reasonable price

BlacktailStalker
08-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Riversportsman in Campbell River, talk to Dan.

Stresd
08-27-2010, 07:42 PM
I just changed my whole way of thinking about what could entail a hunting boot after just finishing the West Coast Trail over 6 days wearing a pair of the Salomon 4d GtX.
My feet have never been so comfortable or dry. The boots took a real beating walking the sandstone reefs on barnacles, rocks & in salt water and the wet muddy stumpy interior moors. I have tried a pile of different boots over my 57 years and these are by far the nicest, lightest most comfortable that I have ever worn. Gotem home and cleaned up and there still looken just nicely broken in ready for this fall. All the outdoors stores have them locally for about $220.00. A european site reviewing the boot that shouldn't cause a conflict of imnterest here.:wink:
http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/reviews/footwear/walking-boots-fabric/salomon-quest-4d-gtx/36594.html

Deaddog
08-27-2010, 08:33 PM
I will catch some flack but ajbrooks, canada pro's , going on six years with them, lots of sheep and elk hunting, easy to break in, easy store to deal with, for what its worth, my recommendation, DD

winchester284
08-27-2010, 08:40 PM
I am on the island and am having a hard time finding a pair of hunting boots. Trying to find Irish Setters, Elk Trackers but can't seem to find right size or if I do too much insulation or wrong width etc. I am open to other brands as long it is a quality boot. Any suggestions? Hunting season is getting close. Thanks Roscoe

I just picked up a set of 11EE 200 gram elk trackers at Package express in Sumas. I ordered them online through Amazon. They cost me $184 US including shipping and taxes. Bonus was that border customs waved me through so no HST! Wholesale Sports in Edmonton had the same boot for $289.99 Cdn plus taxes. :-D

RoscoeP
08-27-2010, 09:06 PM
I just picked up a set of 11EE 200 gram elk trackers at Package express in Sumas. I ordered them online through Amazon. They cost me $184 US including shipping and taxes. Bonus was that border customs waved me through so no HST! Wholesale Sports in Edmonton had the same boot for $289.99 Cdn plus taxes. :-D
That is the exact size/insulation factor I am looking for, I will try Amazon. I have Been to WSS and called the Red Wing stores in Vancouver. Thanks for all the replies. Cheers Roscoe

Plincker
08-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Have you tried Cabelas? I got a pair of Mountain Claws shipped up last year. Takes about two-three weeks though.