PDA

View Full Version : Who's Hunting Nazko in September

Peters Wildlife
08-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone one HBC is going to be in the Nazko area this September.

boonerbuck
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Last I heard, parts of the area were cut off and being evacuated. Heard some houses/ranches burnt to the ground.:confused:

I havent smelled smoke for a number of days now so thats good news.

Squirrelnuts
08-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Evacuation orders have been rescinded, though the road's still restricted to residents and fire crews. There really isn't much left burning out there, the recent rains / cold has looked after that. There's still a pile of people working out there though but it looks like they'll be scaling back soon.

As far as the area goes, it hasn't "all" burned. It's more of a patchwork of fires rather than one huge one. There's still some good hunting to be had out that way, but it's going to be tough getting around with all of the firefighting crews running around out there. I'd guess by mid September (at the latest) it'll be pretty much wrapped up. I expect the road restrictions will come off soon, as well.

If I had a draw I wouldn't stay home because of the fires. I've flown over a lot of moose out there lately. :wink:

Dakota
08-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Darren Nazko will be up on two moose road there.

Peters Wildlife
08-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Last I heard, parts of the area were cut off and being evacuated. Heard some houses/ranches burnt to the ground.:confused:

I havent smelled smoke for a number of days now so thats good news.

I have been keeping a close eye on the fire situation, the road restrictions are north of where I will be.

Just wanted to see if anyone from HBC was going to be in the area and wanted to get together for a coffee.