PDA

View Full Version : hmm plan B..Moose fly in ?????

srupp
08-27-2010, 01:08 PM
I have flown in numerous places up north and always had a good trip, and always..100% we have gotten bull moose, usually had the pick out of numerous bulls.

In spite of numerous LEH draws, pilots issues with one of our members "may" put a kibosh on the sheep grizzly trip...also dealing with WCB still waiting for knee surgery 5 months now and may be another 8 months..:evil:..

Does anyone have any info on lakes that are a "reasonable " flight from Fort Nelson or Dease lake or??

Looking for more of big moose racks..:wink: I personally dont need all that much moose meat this year...

Please use PM in regarding this question..just asking around..I know pretty stoopid this late in the season..but when dealing with WCB......

Thanking you in advance..

Steven Rupp

ramron
08-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Try ketchum lake north west of dease. Rite on the telegraph trail. Moose galour mid to late sept. Also a short hike up onto level mountain plateau, big caribou and griz. Big lake no problem for a beaver. Sorry to hear about the knee, come's with age.

srupp
08-28-2010, 12:14 PM
hmmm the knee was due to a fall.....

Thanks for the PMs and responses..this years trip sounds like a last minute decision

Steven:mrgreen:

2slow
08-28-2010, 12:31 PM
I was on the long wait for knee surgery also but 'fortunately' had it lock into place on me one day and could not put any weight on it. Quick trip to emergency and they did the surgery that afternoon.
I hope they can get you in sooner than the wait lists suggest. Not having a knee working properly sure limits you to what you feel comfortable doing.
Good luck with your moose trip