PDA

View Full Version : How do you like Cody Robbins live to hunt? show

shawnwells
08-26-2010, 07:16 PM
My brother from another mother works for Jim Shockey now Can be seen on ""Moose Madness""...he basically took over for Cody Robbins I guess..I got to hand it to Mr Robbins tho..I love his show...amazing footage...I cant stand bear bait barrels and deer shows anymore but i gotta say theres some nice ones on wild tv sometimes...saw a great dall sheep show the other day...but Codys caribou show the other day was great...that chick shooting that bull at 40 something yards was amazing footage...so what do you think of ''Live to hunt"" ?

Bear Chaser
08-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Live 2 Hunt is probably my favorite. I get tired of the constant parade of whitetail shows from the states. I love hunting whitetails but all those shows are the same. Cody's shows are definitely the closest thing to what my experiences are.

d6dan
08-26-2010, 09:39 PM
I have his first DVD and its pretty damn good if you ask me!. Lots of variety which makes it great. No doubt his next DVD will be just as good..

270WIN
08-26-2010, 09:40 PM
live to hunt is also one off my favorite shows.

martyonthewater
08-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I enjoy the show a fair bit. You can tell he learned a fair bit about marketing himself during his time with Shockey and theres no doubt he knows how to get 'the moment' on camera. Nice break from everyday whitetail stand hunting tv

Elkaholic
08-26-2010, 11:40 PM
His show and Shockey's show are the only ones I can stand to watch because you don't get WT hunting non stop. That and I think the camera work on both shows is amazing, the other "pros" better take a look at how these guys do it(without chessy music or flashing effects).

srupp
08-27-2010, 12:51 AM
hmmm and Codys' girlfriend/fiancee... Kelsey isnt too bad on the eyes..

I enjoy Codys shows and he sure knows mule deer...also enjoy Shockey and his NORTH AMERICAN hunts..not so interested in Mwbango bango land and giant non typical teeetsie flies with muzzle loader...

Steven

Springer
08-27-2010, 01:29 AM
You know I hold great respect for Cody and his talent. This Young man has a genuine Love to hunt attitude. He has great footage and I think there is lots in the future that we are yet to see as he gets better as a hunter and filmer.
I have a DVD of Bentley Cobins of shed hunting in the Spring and Cody is a young kid of about 11-12 yrs old and even then he had the passion for big Muley and Whitetail racks. Bentley and Cody are from the Deslisle Saskatchewan area and i happened to drive through there 2 weeks ago , all the while knowing this was their home base to hunt. Apparently Shockeys area is just about 20 miles north of White Fox where my brother now resides. So driving through these areas and knowing this is their backyard and the Bucks that are there had me looking all over while driving and the Bride kept reminding me to watch the road. I was quite surprised to know how many Wolves that live in this well treed but still farmland area.

Back to Cody's stuff , I just ordered some of his DVD's. This way you get quality viewing without all the advertising.
On Shockeys Most dangerous Hunts , Cody goes for a tumble with the camera but is up again hardly missing a beat.

My 2 cents worth.

shawnwells
08-27-2010, 01:52 AM
ya cool....I never thought about checking out the dvd's i'll have to do that...i went to his website once but i live outta town and have dial up and got sick of waiting for it to load..i'll check it out tho

Springer
08-27-2010, 03:30 AM
Shawnwells , there was a card in the latest BIG Buck Magazine with Garry Donald on the front where i got the info from.

valleycowboy
08-27-2010, 04:47 AM
live2hunt has to be my fav as well.the way he and his crew act on hunts,they seem very real.i met cody and the crew at the first HUNTFEST in edmonton a couple years ago....and i gotta say.....they are super great ppl,and they definately know their animals.

3kills
08-27-2010, 07:47 AM
ya i like the show to and like srupp said kelsey is dam easy on the eyes.

swamper
08-27-2010, 07:54 AM
I think his shows are great. As I don't get Wild TV on the pain in the butt, Shaw, I bought the DVD of the first season. Great vid. I had the chance to meet Cody in Edmonton at Huntfest. Very pleasant young fellow. And yes, I agree, Kelsey does add a nice touch to the show.

.330 Dakota
08-27-2010, 07:57 AM
hmmm and Codys' girlfriend/fiancee... Kelsey isnt too bad on the eyes..

I enjoy Codys shows and he sure knows mule deer...also enjoy Shockey and his NORTH AMERICAN hunts..not so interested in Mwbango bango land and giant non typical teeetsie flies with muzzle loader...

Steven

x2................

cainer
08-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Itsan alright show-he's got good footage, but I find he's a bit of a micro-manager. Point gun, shoot when I say so, blah blah blah. I'd be a tad bit disappointed if i rented a guide and he didn't let me make some of my own decisions.

open-sights
08-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I am wearing a Live 2 Hunt w/Cody Robbins fall zipped hoodie right now. First class guy and a great new show, He and kelsie have come a long way in a short period of time.

open-sights
08-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Itsan alright show-he's got good footage, but I find he's a bit of a micro-manager. Point gun, shoot when I say so, blah blah blah. I'd be a tad bit disappointed if i rented a guide and he didn't let me make some of my own decisions.
Keep in mind it's for a video to be aired on his show always, nobody wants to watch some fat American yelp while the camera pans and zooms to find an already downed animal. Missing the shot, it's about drama.

pg83
08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
What are the names of the dvd's he has out right now. A quick google search only brings up season 1 of Live2hunt. Thanks in advance

3006pg
08-27-2010, 03:20 PM
i do enjoy the show whenever i get the chance to watch it

d6dan
08-27-2010, 03:49 PM
What are the names of the dvd's he has out right now. A quick google search only brings up season 1 of Live2hunt. Thanks in advance

Thats the only one so far.. New one coming soon...www.live2hunt.com.

greybark
08-27-2010, 07:54 PM
:confused: Too much Baiting ,several segments were done over the same bait location . He started to do a bowhunt segment then gave up on it sayin it was too tough :confused: The GF`s deer harvest was great but a little too much of "I did this and I did that " which was the reason she took a great deer .
The arrowed caribou was perfect setup and a great shot ....
Cheers

3kills
08-27-2010, 08:18 PM
kelsey has taken some very nice animals too

tracker
08-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Cody has a great show ,one show that the pvr is set to record for, I do like Hunting High with shawn and cory just as much...Great humor and down to earth BC BOY'S makes it a plus...:mrgreen:

Rob
08-29-2010, 06:09 AM
We really enjoy Cody's show. Watching Shockeys videos over the years you pretty much watched Cody grow up into a hunter. I wish Wild tv had Eastmans Hunting show on it though.

Springer
08-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Shockey has some great videos . I am sure he is one of the most recognized names in the hunting community. The one thing that I am curious about Jim Shockey is why is he sometimes wearing those cutout socks over his hands ?? They look like legwarmers for your forearms :mrgreen: