PDA

View Full Version : Old Prince George CORE Range

XMD70
08-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Over 3 decades ago a group of us local CORE instructors got together and built a range off the Blackwater Road just a little ways down the Lynx Lake Road. We rebuilt it once after persons unknown burnt down the 2 Atco Trailers and the roof that sheltered them. We don't use it for CORE students anymore, but it still gets lots of use and it's a great place to sight in a rifle or shoot a few skeet. I'm always shocked when I go there and see what slobs so many shooters are. I usually take a rake and a few garbage bags to pick up a few thousand of the empty casings and assorted other trash that folks leave there. I think it could be a full time job. Today, I saw that someone has tried to shoot down the support posts for the roof. No doubt, a few jerks will soon manage to destroy what's left of the place. If you are one of the people who use the range, please do as I do and clean up your mess. Maybe even pick up a little extra too. Better yet, offer to help keep the place going by helping with a few repairs.

08-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Over 3 decades ago a group of us local CORE instructors got together and built a range off the Blackwater Road just a little ways down the Lynx Lake Road. We rebuilt it once after persons unknown burnt down the 2 Atco Trailers and the roof that sheltered them. We don't use it for CORE students anymore, but it still gets lots of use and it's a great place to sight in a rifle or shoot a few skeet. I'm always shocked when I go there and see what slobs so many shooters are. I usually take a rake and a few garbage bags to pick up a few thousand of the empty casings and assorted other trash that folks leave there. I think it could be a full time job. Today, I saw that someone has tried to shoot down the support posts for the roof. No doubt, a few jerks will soon manage to destroy what's left of the place. If you are one of the people who use the range, please do as I do and clean up your mess. Maybe even pick up a little extra too. Better yet, offer to help keep the place going by helping with a few repairs.

Good for you. I've lost count how many times I've picked up other "hunters'" trash. I just don't get it - is it really that hard to clean up after yourself?

moosecaller
08-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Nice thought but not in the real world you are making a plea to the same type of jerk that walked into your hunting spot and stole your trail cam. Really these pukes have no feelings of any kind toward their fellow man except contempt and wonder how they can next rip you off or wreck something you worked hard to accomplish. Never used to be this cynical but peoples actions and what they are prepared to do to their fellow man has left me with very little hope. There are not many of us around that think like you do and unfortunately I think our numbers are shrinking. Keep on the high road Ron I'll walk with you!

308Lover
08-26-2010, 02:24 AM
I too helped build that range, and helped many newbies pass their CORE courses. I don't go there anymore. It was a tribute to Milt Warren that we even had trailers or a range. Now I can't bear to see what was once an active, awesome place to shoot.