PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Pink squirts!!!

Sitkaspruce
08-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Was out today as the wife and a friend of hers wanted to get some socks.

It was a great morning, left the dock at 6:30, and was into steady fishing for most of the morning.

Ended up with 10 fish, 3 springs. 32, 26, 16, 6 socks and a pink.

The friends first spring...and tyee
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/Lisas32.jpg

The girls and the results
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/Thegirls.jpg

The best thing was all were on a pink squirt. I love a pink squirt at this time of year!!!!:mrgreen:

There is still fish around, although the socks seemed to have slowed down a little.

The fish we took home ended up canned in 32 500 mil jars.

Cheers

SS

303Brit
08-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Nice work, looks like another good day.

Leaseman
08-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Ken-
Being a Fraser fisher.... what the heck is a pink squirt???

Mike

pnbrock
08-26-2010, 07:06 AM
small pink hoochie.

MB_Boy
08-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Nice morning Ken!!

Swamp Rat
08-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Ken-

Mike

I tried googling "pink squirt" :-D Nope.. that didnt come up with anything to do with fishing.. not reccomended if the wife/gf is around LOL

Sitkaspruce
08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Ken-

Mike

Morning Mike

It is a smaller version of the pink hoochie, ~2.5' long. I buy them in bulk and put a barrel swivel and 4.0 siwash hook in them. The big hook helps with the hook up as it usually buries the hook into the mouth/head area instead of the lip like you get with the smaller hooks. I fish htem 16-18' behind a pink/chrome flasher.

Not sure why the springs like them at this time of year, but I have caught lots of springs on them, especially on the top rod. Tried fishing them earlier in the season and no luck, but in late august, it seems to work.

I tried googling "pink squirt" :-D Nope.. that didnt come up with anything to do with fishing.. not reccomended if the wife/gf is around LOL

I knew someone whould have to do that!!!!:mrgreen:

The wife said someone would have to look and see what it ment......

Cheers

SS

Salty
08-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Nice SS! My wife borrowed her friends big pressure cooker and gave canning a go for the first time a couple weeks back. We've got 6 cases of sockeye done and a brand new pressure cooker ordered and on the way, and more fish in the freezer waiting :-D

OOBuck
08-26-2010, 09:06 AM
nice work! I really gota come up with some spare time and get out for some sockeye..

08-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Morning Mike

It is a smaller version of the pink hoochie, ~2.5' long. I buy them in bulk and put a barrel swivel and 4.0 siwash hook in them. The big hook helps with the hook up as it usually buries the hook into the mouth/head area instead of the lip like you get with the smaller hooks. I fish htem 16-18' behind a pink/chrome flasher.

We fished this back in the commercial days...... Pink death!
there were days when we boated 2000 pinks a day for weeks. and a major sockeye recipy as well.....

Salty
08-26-2010, 10:16 AM
We fished this back in the commercial days...... Pink death!
there were days when we boated 2000 pinks a day for weeks. and a major sockeye recipy as well.....

835 you would have like the sight that and old pal from here saw the other day. A seiner made a nice set in Blackfish. My buddy stopped his boat just to hang and watch. Seiner did just fine but what he got the biggest charge out of was one lone troller at the fringes, out of the way. Buddy had two gals on deck cleaning socks as fast as they could but it wasn't fast enough, they were up to their knees in fish. :mrgreen: And, I don't need to tell you the set up... every snap the same....

08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Yup, I remember waking up, eating porage as fast as you could. To jump in the hole and glaze as fast as you can. All the while hearing the "THUMP THUMP THUMP" of the humpies hitting the checkers. When i got out the checkers were full ( about 500 fish ) and it was gut as fast as you could...
10 seconds was the fastes gut... no wash. 3 fish a minut with wash.

Was better when they were socks though!

vanislehunter1
08-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Nice! As much as i'd love to go get some more salmon, we don't really need anymore. I did up about 30lbs of candied salmon a few days ago. It was hot like that at Ledge point this weekend. We caught a 32, lost two springs, a 15, and seven sockeye.