PDA

View Full Version : Youth hunt starts soon!

doug0673
08-25-2010, 04:45 PM
I am so excited it feels like I am 4 and it is Christmas Eve! I am taking my boy to the youth hunt for Sept 1. He is exited but I can barely sleep, been checking maps, google earth, making lists for our gear, packing, sharpening our knives. Licences will be purchased this weekend and I am buying a new axe. I guess with work being really busy this year and lots happening over the past few months the though of getting out in the bush allowed with my kid is a real draw.

I hope he is successful and if things happen early we may just take a drive down to 8 for a day or two. I guess this is what memories are made of, and hope to tell the stories for years to come.

Who else is heading out with their kids for a youth hunt?

aliagha
08-25-2010, 04:49 PM
best of luck..hope your son get a real nice buck,
my father and i are heading south okanagan for some Whiteys on the 1 sept, and also my dad just bought me my first rifle....its a .270 savage....
once again good luck with your hunt.
Ali

kako
08-25-2010, 05:03 PM
my daughter is chompin at the bit too.she is twelve.last year she got a spike and a doe

3kills
08-25-2010, 05:07 PM
i m takin a kid i use to work with out on the 1st for an evenin hunt. hopefully my honey hole can produce something

doug0673
08-25-2010, 08:45 PM
I have offically handed over my fathers 308 to the boy, and is packed and ready. Good luck to all the young guns

RJ
08-25-2010, 08:48 PM
good luck :-D
these are lifelong memories

slicky72
08-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Your lucky you get to start so young. I didn't start hunting with my pops til I was in my 30's . Great memories made , good luck to your boy!

Jelvis
08-25-2010, 08:59 PM
My buddy and his friend are taking a boy out to hunt some big bucks by Roche Lake in Kamloops. Behind Roche are some monstrosities.
Jelly Roche ... some big mulies in velveeto ... and some whites also

Steeleco
08-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Taking both kids to our spot Monday afternoon for a day and half of sizing things up, hopefully my Daughter will have joined the frat on Wednesday!!

M.Dean
08-25-2010, 09:20 PM
I've had my Grandson out doing a bit of shooting the last while, we hope to go out this weekend and do some scouting and more shooting. Were kind of hoping to maybe get lucky enough to get him a Whitey and a Muley buck!!! Hopefully there will be lots of smiling young hunters with there pictured on here next week, good luck to all the kids and there very proud parents!!!

Phreddy
08-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Spoke to my grandson in PG this evening. He screwed up big time in school last year and no his mom won't let him come out for a hunt this year. It's not that he's not smart, it's just that he got very lazy and didn't do his assignments. It's a shame, but he did it to himself and I support her decision.
I'll be keeping in touch with him over the season and reminding him that what he does this year will determine whether we get out next year.

dana
08-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Got the 3rd-10th booked off of work. First priority will be trying to get my 12 year old daughter her first buck. My son can sit on his hands and be the cameraman until it's his turn. ;)

Leaseman
08-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Heading out Tuesday am for a quick scout then wait and listen to my son about what size he wants this year........:roll::lol:......back wednesday afternoon or Thursday depending on his skill and the weather.........:mrgreen:

coach
08-26-2010, 12:17 PM
My daughter shot her first buck on September 4th last year. She was 10 at the time. She took this one with a perfectly placed, 90 yard shot with a .300 savage.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/coach108/Kianadeer-1.jpg

Now that she's hit the wise old age of 11, she's planning to hold out for a bigger one.:mrgreen: This year, she will use her Browning BLR .243 with a Redfield scope on it. We'll be target practicing and scouting this weekend in anticipation of a successful opening week. Good luck to everyone else.

I love this time of year!

Glassman
08-26-2010, 05:22 PM
My 15 year old son and I are leaving from Kelowna to go to north of Dawson Creek tomorrow. We will overnight in PG and pick up my buddy. The boy has a calf moose draw.Youth whiteys are open as well on the 1st. He shoots a .270 with handloaded 130 grain sierra game kings.
I don't know who is more excited, Dad or boy.

valleycowboy
08-27-2010, 04:54 AM
my 10 year old just passed his CORE about a month ago and he is very excited about getting out opening day.he even set goals for himself this year......a mule deer bigger than anything i have on the wall,lol.
good luck to you and the young fella on opening day.i'll tell you from experience.....if he shoots something this year,it makes for one hell of a sweet memory!!!!!!

5 spike
08-27-2010, 06:02 AM
good luck to all you guys and gals.

pnbrock
08-27-2010, 06:11 AM
good luck to all the youths,hopefully the dads arent taking advantage of this opportunity.

doug0673
08-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Coach, love the picture of your daughter......... I'm hoping the boy will be posing in a simular picture next week. :-D