PDA

View Full Version : tatton road sept deer trip

betteroffishing
08-24-2010, 10:21 AM
any specific areas for a guy to set up a ground blind in up that way, is there a park or closed area to hunting around the back side of lac la hache ?? i saw a cranker of a mulie in that area 2 years ago and would like to see if i could find him again. any help would be appreciated.

aliagha
08-24-2010, 10:38 AM
go to google maps (not earth) and find your area, if there are some green patches nearby its most likely that there is a park, then go to this site http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/PARKS_HUNT.pdf and see if the park is open to hunting.
i never visited this area but i think google earth will be a useful tool next to scouting.
good luck.

betteroffishing
08-24-2010, 10:52 AM
also wondering if any locals could tell me how long { in time } is it from 100 mile house to ---3-39 i wouldnt mind looking for moose for a day trip so long as its not too far out of 100 mile. say an hours drive would be my preference. thanks

.330 Dakota
08-24-2010, 12:32 PM
I live in Lac La Hache, the road is closed from Tatton to Helena Lake.
The rancher that owns the property the road is on had some troubles last year so he gated and locked it.
You have to go to the north end of town and go out Wright Station rd and swing back in from Helena Lake rd towards the Tatton area.
I beleive 3-39 would be just over an hour from 100 Mile...good luck

Mooseter
08-24-2010, 06:47 PM
A little over an hr via Canim Lake

betteroffishing
08-24-2010, 11:42 PM
thanks guys , my father in law lives at the end of tatton , just outside his property line is helena lake road , are you saying this doesnt go through to the south end of lac la hache anymore ?? thats a shame.

.330 Dakota
08-25-2010, 09:26 AM
thanks guys , my father in law lives at the end of tatton , just outside his property line is helena lake road , are you saying this doesnt go through to the south end of lac la hache anymore ?? thats a shame.

Thats correct, have your father in law check, there is a big steel gate there now and its locked. There is a guy that lives near the gate who watches and calls the cops if anybody goes around it