PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Toss

steelheadSABO
08-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Has this ever happened to you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bqEGwVfWMs&playnext=2&list=QL

fuzzybiscuit
08-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Those three people have some serious problems...and apparently I do to, because I found myself laughing my ass off also.:-D

Tenacious Billy
08-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Those people are knobs.........

BigBanger
08-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Stupid thing to put on you tube.

peashooter
08-24-2010, 11:25 AM
That was funny chit. Gotta retrieve your critters.

TUG
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
that was effffing discusting no respect for the animal

tug

No Tag Soup Please
08-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Minus all the laughing and thinking of it as a joke they did the right thing.

They followed the 'yote after their initial shot and put it out of it's missery. If they would have shot it while it was in the hole all it would have been was a gut shot which probably wouldn't have killed him. By throwing him clear of everyone they could get a safe clean shot at him.

Kind of a stupid thing to put on youtube though. You can't even put video's of branding calves and stuff like that without people making a big deal out of it.

All said and done though that was a pretty good shot.

peashooter
08-24-2010, 04:40 PM
what else could they do shoot into a cave. you wouldnt catch me shooting into a rock filled pile of dirt. did the laughing hurt your feelings. they put it out of its misery sooner that waiting for it to come out if it ever did. probably would have suffered for quite some time in the hole.

bsa30-06
08-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Stupid thing to put on you tube.

yep i agree,and i didnt find anything funny about it.

hoochie
08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
yep i agree,and i didnt find anything funny about it.

I agree. I dont know what was so funny. If thats what coyote hunting was all the time, I wouldnt do it.

Moosetalker
08-24-2010, 05:10 PM
absolute Bullshit!

tristanmac
08-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Don't think I like these people very much, but in the end they did the right thing.

henderson
08-24-2010, 05:42 PM
It always seems to be when ever some one puts a video up it gets ridiculed to sh$t.

I personally dont have a problem with this at all. They shot it and retrieved it. So it crawled into its den.. they did it right.
What else are you to do but laugh? in the "I can't believe this is happening" way.

As for posting it, well if it wasnt posted we wouldnt have anything to judge and ridicule right boys?

wolverine
08-24-2010, 06:19 PM
If it was wounded it was best put out of it's misery. Still, I know they show no mercy when ripping apart a calf or cow but that's what coyotes do.. they kill to survive. The video came off as cruel. There wouldn't have been all the laughing if he would have latched on to the business end of that yote. Kind of gives the anti's all the fuel they need. Man they have it easy.

mark
08-24-2010, 09:35 PM
that was effffing discusting no respect for the animal

tug

Actually they did everything possible to dispatch a wounded animal!
far more than most any of us ever would!

I couldnt help but laugh! :-D

dutchie
08-24-2010, 10:18 PM
ummmm...

I would like to see any of us putting our hand in a unknown hole, and dragging out a yote.:eek:

Not a fan of the laughing, but defiantly did the right thing by taking the animal out and killing it.

Stupid to put it on youtube but I get a nervous "Im cool" laugh too... It is the one of those laughs "I know that I have to do this, but I really don't want to because I an scared crap-less" kind of laughs.

Dutchie

bugbones
08-26-2010, 09:57 PM
And you wonder why people are anti-hunting. I've hunted all my life (40 years) and never found killing funny. I think if we want to keep the anti hunting folks at bay we need to watch what the general public see us doing. This kinda thing won't help
Respect your sport and the animals that make it possible.

chainsaw
08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
losers, that actually pissed me off a little.

308Lover
08-26-2010, 10:33 PM
I nearly puked at this A-hole behavior. I find NOTHING humorous about this post, nor ANYTHING to do with what I call "hunting".

308Lover
08-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Why does this post still exist? LOCK IT OR REMOVE IT! Members might just take a bit of thought. Not EVERYTHING we see needs to be posted here--this is a black mark for ethical members.

rifleman
08-27-2010, 11:18 AM
no respect, should a left him alone

shadow1982
08-27-2010, 11:20 AM
It's a disrespectful video and should have never been posten on you tube, but that yote has been shot and it's still alive... I think they did it a favour by finishing the job,

bigwhiteys
08-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Sorry guys, if you like hunting then that is a video best displayed to your friends, in the privacy of your own home.

Good they finished the job, but probably would have been better to do it privately and have a really funny campfire tale for years down the road, than a public video that basically... well, you know makes them (us) look not so good.

Carl

KodiakHntr
08-27-2010, 11:31 AM
no respect, should a left him alone

To what, die slowly in a hole?

Good on them for finishing the job.

Don't like the laughing, so what. Legal? Sure, they did what they had to do.

peashooter
08-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Why does this post still exist? LOCK IT OR REMOVE IT! Members might just take a bit of thought. Not EVERYTHING we see needs to be posted here--this is a black mark for ethical members.

minus the laughing would you not go to any extent to finish off wounded game. in the same situation i would throw a wounded dog away from shooter to be put out of misery as well. i believe he went farther than most people will for a coyote. personally the laughter is more "am i really doing this right now". not like they went out of the way to torture this coyote.

Mr. Dean
08-27-2010, 02:36 PM
personally the laughter is more "am i really doing this right now". not like they went out of the way to torture this coyote.

That's kinda what I saw too.
"Can you believe that we're actually going to/doing this? Holly *F*!!!"

Rather than.
"This is the coolest thing ever done..."

Context is a bitch.

RustyNail
08-27-2010, 03:14 PM
While it is good to see they followed up on the wounding of the animal with finishing it off, the laughing and calling it funny is warped at best. Those kinds of verbal remarks along with the laughing give hunting and hunters a bad reputation. Nothing to be happy about there except the animal isn't suffering any longer.

Plincker
08-27-2010, 10:22 PM
That's exactly what went through my head when I saw the video. Posting this kind of sh*t of youtube is only going to turn more people against hunting rather than show what it's all about and why we all love it.

steelheadSABO
08-30-2010, 03:17 PM
So I guess I'm warped for posting this video but what I saw in the video was a guy going out of his way to do the most ethical thing and his buddy's laughing at him in a "I can't believe your holding onto a live coyote" kind of way If you think they are laughing because they are gonna kill a coyote well I guess your pretty warped too.

sparkes3
08-30-2010, 08:12 PM
seriously.kill it and get it over with ,which they did just took to long to do it in my opinion.as for all the laughing and get a shot of this comments i hope the fleas of a thousand coyotes infest your ball sack for a year.

DBM
08-30-2010, 08:42 PM
I agree with steelheadSABO.

Good for them for doing what they had to in order to put it out of it's misery. I took the laughing to be attributed to the outrageousness of the situation, not out of some sick enjoyment over an animal suffering.

The Hermit
08-30-2010, 08:52 PM
I would have just shot it when it was in the hole then dragged it out and skinned it out. Like most have said posting that on YouTube does everyone a disservice.

steelheadSABO
08-31-2010, 10:56 AM
But shooting into that den could be a very bad idea you would not be able to get a clear shot at the vitals and there could be hazards such as rocks for your bullet to riccochet off of