PDA

View Full Version : Squamish shooting

cmp88
08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Hey guys I'm going camping in Squamish in a couple weeks, just wondering if anyone knows of some area's where I can take the shotgun and do some trap shooting and plinking in the bush?

Anyone know of any area's accessible by a chev cavalier?

Hunting4Life
08-31-2010, 09:52 AM
U can go up any logging road and go about 500m into the bush and ur safe

seanps
08-31-2010, 11:18 AM
If you're heading out to the Squamish Main FSR, there are lots of spots you can find to shoot that are off the main road. Like the other member said, head out one of the forestry roads and scout around a bit. You'll likely have to walk UP, but there are some old gravel pits and dirt lots that would work.

But, for God's sake, use common sense: watch out for other people and choose either a safe backstop or an area where you're guaranteed to not be shooting into an area where people may be hiking, scouting, etc.

I've had several hikes where I'm not hunting interrupted by asshats who are testing their rifles on pop cans without a proper backstop (with the bullets going into the woods where my dog is running) or firing semi-auto shotguns at clay targets on the side of a well-used FSR.

TheProvider
08-31-2010, 08:19 PM
I agree with both responses. Plus please leave the road signs alone and pick up your spent shells. Seems like everytime you turn the corner on a logging road that the road signs are all shot up. Plus spent shells laying all over the ground aren't to appealing to hunters or non-hunters.

BOOTS!
09-01-2010, 10:06 AM
make sure to clean up your mess.

don't leave spent targets, busted up clays and empty brass and shells laying around. there are some shit hole shooting pits out there, like sylvester rd in mission. if the eco-hippie types that use that area start to see a mess like that, you can bet that shooting will be banned in the area.

cmp88
09-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the help guys, I'll definitely be shooting against a hill. I've had some close calls with other shooters before as well, mostly while hiking around stave or harrison lakes.