PDA

View Full Version : Fires Near PG?

vanislehunter1
08-23-2010, 06:14 PM
So i'm heading up for moose hunting on sept. 25, and I was wondering if anyone who lives up there knows if there are any fires near vanderhoof. I don't want to head all the way up there and have to improvise. Thanks for anyone who knows.

demlake
08-23-2010, 06:49 PM
http://bcwildfire.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/OneFire.asp

There's a link to current fires up here.

I think the two closest to the Hoof are the Binta Lake fire and the Pelican Lake fire.

The Pelican is quite a ways south, and the Binta is to the southwest, west of the Holy Cross FSR south of Fraser Lake.

Raining right now north of there, and a lot cooler. So hopefully things are slowing down. I'd keep checking that link above.

BCBRAD
08-23-2010, 06:54 PM
The whole central interior has been burned, our plans are to go south to hunt , won't be any hunting worthwhile around here for at least 10 yrs.

boonerbuck
08-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Conditions are improving. In the last 3 days my lawn has started to get green again...

mxracer328
08-24-2010, 07:40 AM
i wouldnt go south of vanderhoof. if you still want to go around the pg area i would look north of pg or east.

vanislehunter1
08-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys. Where I usually hunt is Northwest of Vanderhoof, so here's hoping that the animals that were in the area where the fires were moved up there! :D