PDA

View Full Version : Sausages

Andrew Dawe
08-23-2010, 01:13 PM
How much does it cost per pound to have your game made into sausages at lower mainland butchers?

Steeleco
08-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I had 50lb of venison made into two different types of sausage just a few months back. I got 10 x 5lb chubs vacuum packed. Bill out the door $150

Some places will charge more or less dependant on the size of your sausage, but they all quote the base price. You'll need to add the cost of pork, packaging if requested and that F'n tax!!

So if your quoted $1.95 lb that's finished weight plus all the cost's listed above.

pearljam
08-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Save your money and make your own! Get a sausage stuffer and start making them....... It will pay for its self in 2-3 years. And when you make your own you will know whats in them for sure!

It is super easy to do. you will also be able to make a bunch of different kinds in smaller batches if you want. not the typical 25lb batches butchers do..

buckwild76
08-23-2010, 08:55 PM
if you want some seriously succulent sausage, check out Jonstons Butcher shop in chilliwack. I took my bear there this spring, they deboned it and I got 35lb. pepperoni, 35lb. garlic coil, and 35lb. of hands down the best farmer sausage that has ever graced my pallet. Total bill $300.00