PDA

View Full Version : Burns Lake Moose Hunt

Livinlarge
08-22-2010, 08:35 AM
So the preparation for our limited entry draw begins! Before I get into my post I'll tell a joke.......

:mrgreen: A guy walks into a bar and sees a dog lying in the corner licking his balls. He turns to the bartender and says, "Boy, I wish I could do that."
The Bartender replies, "You'd better try petting him first." :mrgreen:

So I've been drawn for a MU 6-5, Sept 10-24 limited entry hunt. This will be my first moose draw and first week long wall tent hunt. Can you say "excited!!"

Two members of the group have hunted this area, however it was about eight years ago so i'm looking for a bit of advice.

1. Is there a game cutting shop around where we can hang game if the weather is too hot?

2. Any suggestion on a camp site where we'll have room to set up 2 wall tents and a cook shack? (preferably on a lake).

3. What is the mule deer and black bear hunting like in the area?

4. And finally.......suggestion on areas we should concentrating our hunting in?

Any PMs would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone!!

griz325
08-22-2010, 01:11 PM
As for game cutting there was one across francios lake last year.As for just hanging the local taxidermist has got a cooler.There are plenty of lakes in 6-5 to set up on.Mule deer hunting is tough if you don't know the area but theres a black bear around every corner I swear.The thing about 6-5 is it gets a lot of first nation pressure that has started over a month ago.Try to get back from town where they have to travel a bit as it helps out a bit.

Livinlarge
08-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the reply's! Seems like one common topic with people I've talked to......hopefully the natives will leave us one moose. I googled burns lake taxidermist and came up with Northern Wildlife Designs in Burns Lake. I'll give him an email and see what he says. Thanks again!!

sawmill
08-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Bring an oxygen tank,Monster fires there right now .

Livinlarge
08-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Was kinda wondering about those fires. Anyone know how close they are to Burns Lake?

griz325
08-23-2010, 05:55 PM
The fires are not close to your area as for smoke we don't have any in the last few days.No worries it's a long way before it hits burns.