PDA

View Full Version : Chuka-Chuka-Chuka-Chukar....

CurryNV
08-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Couldn't help but notice these tasty/heart attack inducing birds are around the Cache Creek area. Having grown up in North Eastern Nevada, I hunted this maddening creature for years.

Anybody have any luck hunting them up here? Where exactly is the region one can find them?

MuleyMadness
08-20-2010, 04:37 PM
They are everywhere in and around Kamloops...hell there are thousands of them on the mountain right behind where I live, and many other parts of town too....only problem is, you can't hunt them as it's within city limits. Never really bothered to hunt them or any other chicken myself for a lot of years now, but I'm sure if you look in the arid hill sides around where you live you should be okay.

aliagha
08-20-2010, 05:06 PM
look for them around places like kamloops, cache creek, clinton and anywhere in between.... the area around clinton would be better.

Sasquatch
08-20-2010, 05:46 PM
I've seen them around the Spences Bridge area and always meant to take the dog out during season and try for a couple. I hear they are not the easiest bird to hunt with a pointing dog.

Might get around to giving it a try this year.

Gunner
08-20-2010, 08:08 PM
I used to hunt them in the Spences Bridge area while on steelhead trips to the Thompson.To say that chukar hunting is good exercise is an understatement! Gunner