PDA

View Full Version : Youth hunt for the boy wonder need some help

doug0673
08-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Well my boy (now 14) was out last year and was with grandpa when he dropped a baby buck, so he saw the whole process stalk, shoot, Kill, gut, pack, and skin.

He loved it so I put him through the firearms and core this year. We have a place at Sheridan lake and will be traveling from the LM for youth opening day in 3-29 3-30 any buck. My plan was to head in at first light off hwy 97 at mile 20 and work our way through to Bridge Lake at hwy 24.

My boy has a torn ACL and is awaiting surgery (18 month waiting list) so long walks are not a real option. Can anyone give me some info about the area maybe a few slashes close to a road or even a good area I can road hunt with him. He can walk maybe 2-3k but anything more will finish him for a day or 2 needing recovery. I am not looking for your honey hole but just some general info.

Either PM or email beenerds@gmail.com

hillclimber
08-20-2010, 01:41 PM
send me a PM I know the entire area from cache creek all the way to windy mtn. Our family also has a cabin on sheridan are you on the west or east side?

Cheers
Stefan

doug0673
08-20-2010, 02:30 PM
send me a PM I know the entire area from cache creek all the way to windy mtn. Our family also has a cabin on sheridan are you on the west or east side?

Cheers
Stefan

message sent, cheers