PDA

View Full Version : mystery ranch pack?

pearljam
08-19-2010, 10:17 AM
What is the better multi purpose buy for the guy that does it all....... multi day sheep hunts, moose hunts, alpine mule deer, road hunts........

troutseeker
08-19-2010, 10:38 AM
the 6500 will give you more room, so for a one pack option it is best. Ultimately a 6500 and a crewcab would give you the best of both worlds...

KodiakHntr
08-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Better load carrying capacity with the 6500, and can easily be compressed down to almost nothing.

Although, I do have both, and have been carrying the cc moose hunting the last couple evenings. (But mostly because I have it, and feel like I should be using it, not because I feel its a better mousetrap)

08-19-2010, 11:02 AM
I think 6500 is the better choice for multi day backpack hunts.

mfarrally
08-19-2010, 11:04 AM
I just got the 6500 with load sling. Used it sheep hunting a couple weeks ago and it is awesome. well worth the money

mark
08-19-2010, 01:04 PM
I got the 7500 model arriving any day now. I figured for a few extra ounces, why not have the room for when ya need it!
Even if Im only day trip hunting, I could shoot a deer several hours from the vehicle, nice to have the space!

mcrae
08-19-2010, 01:48 PM
I have both but if I was forced to go with one it would be the 6500.

More room for the week long trips in the 6500. Even with the loadcells and extra bags I would be hard pressed to get everything I need in my CrewCab for trips longer than a couple of days.

I like my CrewCab allot but for me its my "day" pack upto 2-3 days and then I switch to the 6500.

Deadshot
08-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Just used the 7500 on a sheep hunt. A major upgrade from the Wilderness Wanderer. It handled the heavy load coming out no problem. There seems to be enough adjustments in the right spots, to get the load where you want it. Was a bit of a nipple pincher (swimmers pecs:wink:)when cinched right up. That would be the only complaint.
I think I'll add the load hauling sling for big game daytrippin.

luckynuts
08-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Just received mine this morning nice 6500 though I also had a look at a friends internal 7000 and am very impressed with that one as well. They all will serve your purpose. Awesome quality and like mentioned before lots of attachment points and compression straps. Can't wait to get some weight in mine and hitting the trails..

Good luck with your decision

W.

pearljam
08-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks guys, you have given me some things to think about..... I really thought most guys were going to say the crewcab was the better choice.

I guess i have this fall and winter to think about it.

For the guys who have MR packs, what was the time line on delivery?

whitetailsheds
08-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys, you have given me some things to think about..... I really thought most guys were going to say the crewcab was the better choice.

From Bozeman, in the mail, 9 days. Kodiak.

SHACK
08-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Mine took about 12 days to arrive. As others have said the 6500 is the way to go if you cant have both. Carries very well, and you can load the hell out of it, or strap it down quite compact. I am still looking to get a CC as well though....best of both worlds!

08-20-2010, 12:20 PM

Couple of weeks, only because they were out of stock on the pocketed waist belt. Good idea to buy a spare waste belt buckle when you order.
I also got the load sling for day hikes when you might have to bring back meat and you don't want the bag with you. I put my gear in a dry bag in the load sling.

Deadshot
08-20-2010, 12:24 PM
I put my gear in a dry bag in the load sling.

Doesn't the lid off of your 6500 clip onto the load sling?

pearljam
08-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks again guys,

I will be ordering a 6500 with the load sling for hauling meat.

I just got their dragon slayer daypack yesterday. great little pack for the small day to day stuff.

Like everyone has said before they have great customer service and guys that know there stuff. they bend backwards to make things work.

Deadshot
08-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Let me know if the lid on the 6500 clips onto the load sling, when you get your mitts on it.

pearljam
08-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Let me know if the lid on the 6500 clips onto the load sling, when you get your mitts on it.

I already asked them about that.

I was told by the guys at MR that you can. The straps on the load sling have male buckles and the bottom of the daypack lid has female buckles.

So it is possible.....