PDA

View Full Version : Salmon helper

greenhorn
08-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Hey HBCers;

Thought I'd tell you about my predicament incase someone is looking for another set of hands out there.

Long story short, my fishing buddy (and boat) are elsewhere this season which means I've been out of the action so far this year. All the posts on here of huge springs is killing me though.

So, if anyone is looking for a helping hand out there, or just someone that'll go out and split fuel/bait/other/boat driving etc., let me know. I'm super keen to get out if possible and have a flexible work schedule.

Not a veteran salty, but I know enough to be useful!!

Anyway, PM me if you need a salmon helper!!

Cheers.

Johnnybear
08-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Lot's of folks from your area on here. Hope you connect with someone. The offer of gas money is usually a great start. Good luck:-D.

greenhorn
08-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks! What an ironic situation. Living in Sooke with no access to Salmon :-?

Johnnybear
08-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Thanks! What an ironic situation. Living in Sooke with no access to Salmon :-?

Hey the fishing community is huge. Get to know one person then another etc. You'll do o.k. just keep trying. Start PM'ing folks in your area and start with meeting them for coffe at Tim Hortons or something to get to know each other etc.:wink:

greenhorn
08-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey the fishing community is huge. Get to know one person then another etc. You'll do o.k. just keep trying. Start PM'ing folks in your area and start with meeting them for coffe at Tim Hortons or something to get to know each other etc.:wink:

Yeah, that's the way to do it. That's how me and my friend started out. He was tired of taking friends out that didn't contribute to the gas tank. I was really green and willing to learn and pay my way and help with the chores of operating a boat. So it was win win, and we caught a tonne of salmon!

greenhorn
08-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Did I mention that I have a sweet commercial grade crabtrap that could be used to catch appetizers while trolling the deep. Just so you know....