PDA

View Full Version : Sitka purchased by GORE?

sako_300
08-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Has anyone heard this?

I was speaking with someone today who informed me that they had been purchased by GORE and will not longer be selling 'Sitka' products. The Optifade patterns will be offered but apparently the new garments are not up to the old standards.

Very loud and unforgiving.

Disapointed if this is true.

Alpine85
08-17-2010, 08:02 PM
maybe there stitching quality will improve........

The Hermit
08-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I kind of doubt this as the Sitka distributor just contacted me today about becoming a dealer... I suppose stranger things happen! Look for Sitka gear on VantagePoint-Outfitters.com in the coming couple months!

todbartell
08-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Sitka dropped their Mothwing Mimicry camo to go with GORE's own Optifade and Forest digital camo patterns. Maybe Im wrong but that seems like GORE has some control on Sitka Gear?

luckynuts
08-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Old news.... If your looking for a lot of good info on this check out 24hr campfire. Has been discussed to death. Maybe some good to come from it yet. Though I'm sure pricing will increase and quality will go down.

W.

Bighorn hunter
08-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Old news.... If your looking for a lot of good info on this check out 24hr campfire. Has been discussed to death. Maybe some good to come from it yet. Though I'm sure pricing will increase and quality will go down.

W.

not sure how much higher their prices could get, would suck for the quality to go in the tank though

sako_300
08-18-2010, 11:17 AM
I kind of doubt this as the Sitka distributor just contacted me today about becoming a dealer... I suppose stranger things happen! Look for Sitka gear on VantagePoint-Outfitters.com in the coming couple months!

The individual I spoke with was considering dropping the line due to this transition...

BiG Boar
08-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I know that the used to be distributor for sitka in Canada, got out of the gear and all the inventory was sold to camo fire dot com. Which is owned by cabellas I believe? The distribution will probably be taken over by someone eles.

Rubicon500
08-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Makes sense in the giant scheme of thing, GORE ( Being Al Gores group) buying out Sitka so us hunter wont be able to hunt. Hes notorious for his global warming bullthit, looks like hes banding with PITA. Boy are they stupid just cuz they stop makking hunting clothes doesnt mean we cant hunt

spear
08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Sounds like a lot going on behind the scenes! Maybe it will leave room for some other companies to improve in cam clothing.

sako_300
08-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Makes sense in the giant scheme of thing, GORE ( Being Al Gores group) buying out Sitka so us hunter wont be able to hunt. Hes notorious for his global warming bullthit, looks like hes banding with PITA. Boy are they stupid just cuz they stop makking hunting clothes doesnt mean we cant hunt

Didn't know it was Al Gore's group - makes sense. Now that I know that I will not be purchasing any Sitka products.

Too bad as they were good quality, friggin pricy though.

jml11
08-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Boy are they stupid just cuz they stop makking hunting clothes doesnt mean we cant hunt

Nope, it is impossible to get close enough to an animal to kill it without wearing camo...Especially while driving around in your truck...

Tuffcity
08-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Where did you make the connection that it was Al Gore's company? Other than the last name, gore-tex it was developed by a completely different Gore, and it is still a privately held company where as Al Gore has "Generation Investment Management".

RC