PDA

View Full Version : Out of province hunter

.300WSMImpact!
08-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Does anybody know the regulations on people coming to BC to hunt, I have read the regs and cant seem to figure it out, I have called the government over and over again and have left a message or two and have receiced no reply. My Dad is coming to town for three weeks and would like to hunt grouse and maybe deer but I cant tell if he needs a permit on top of his hunting licence, any help would be great!

Gunner
08-16-2010, 03:36 PM
You will have to get a"permit to accompany",and your Dad's licences will cost him more(for deer).Get ahold of Service BC quickly,and they will get you straightened away.If he is Canadian he may hunt birds without a guide,but big game must be guided.(unless you have the permit to accompany to take him out). Page 9 in the Regs,under "Big Game Accompanied Hunts".Good Luck! Gunner

lilhoss
08-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure he needs to be hunting with a licenced guide. Non-resident hunting licence,deer tags,fees as per regs for non-residence,and any other tags he may want to buy or hunt,bear,etc.grouse,no tags of course but still need to abide by the daily quotas and possesion limits.
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/non_resident/#Intro

jrjonesy
08-16-2010, 03:45 PM
It is on Page 9 of the Regs and is quite clear...."Big game accompanied hunts". You need to have the Permit to Accompany license. It needs to be shown when your dad buys his non-resident species license. You also need to accompany him when he's hunting.

If he only wants to hunt grouse (not big game), I'm not sure that any special permits are required other than his non-resident hunting license. Non-resident licenses and tags can only be bought through gov't offices or via mail.

srupp
08-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Gunner has it right..:mrgreen: as long as your DAD is a CANADIAN resident, by virtue of his relationship with you..qualifies him to hunt with YOU as long as you have a hunting license ..etc etc..the permit to accompany is only open to species that have open season so NO sheep tags or no Grizzly bear tags..however deer and gamebirds is OK..as long as there is a open season where you apply to take him to hunt..

It does take about 1 months so dont stand there doing nothing get your DAD signed up for his deer season here in BC..:mrgreen:

Steven

Ive had guys (friends ) from Alberta come out and harvest caribou..no big deal..

steven

.300WSMImpact!
08-16-2010, 04:00 PM
I might be too late for deer, he may only be able to do the game bird thing then, I will get on it now! thanks guys

d6dan
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
This is the permit you need..

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/pasb/applications/docs/accompany_to_hunt.pdf