PDA

View Full Version : Miss the CF-18's

BearSniper
08-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Well the fast jets are doing their usual thing today here in Abbotsford in the 36 degree heat.:wink:

When they come east to turn around they go right over the neighbourhood(at 500 feet) allowing us to get a bit of an airshow from the porch.

But it's not quite the same without the CF-18. They have thier own unique and special sound as they "turn and burn".

All this jet noise won't allow the Bears on Sumas mountain to nap in the shade today.:wink:

r106
08-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Yep my house too. A cf-18 flew over a couple times earlier today. The thunder birds are making some noise right now. the solo guys turn right over my house.
________
Herbal Vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/)

M.Dean
08-15-2010, 03:34 PM
I was down there this week fishing, we seen what looked like a Douglas Bomber with 3 or 4 Spit Fires around it, bet I got the names of the planes wrong, but it looked fantastic. We saw some pretty wild looking jets flying around my sons place, don't think I'd survive the people and heat at the show!

sky-gunner
08-15-2010, 05:00 PM
That was the Lancaster, on 2 left flying in the whole world, alot were Canadian made

Lone Ranger
08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
The Snowbirds sure put on a good show. We had seats right down on the grass front and center, was a great time. I'm burnt to a crisp but its all good. Yeah, wasn't a huge showup IMO [probably a lot deployed in Northern Canada and overseas right now] but it was worth the trip.

The guys on the KC-135 display were awesome, spent over an hour chatting with them [cheers guys!], and climbing down into the refueler seat was neat. It sure puts in to perspective their jobs (imagine laying there guiding two planes into position at the end of a 35' fueling boom.. wow). The KC-10 was cool as well, same with the C5 Galaxy and seeing an Aurora up close. Sure makes the regular planes around there look tiny.

My dad got chatting with an older gentleman associated with the Lancaster there, was a neat fellow to talk to. A lot of history there, oh if sheetmetal could talk. LR

303Brit
08-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm confused BearSniper, there are CF-18's at the AIAS this year. The air demo bird is obviously not there. But there is at least 2 there right now, one got a flat after its demo the other day.

LR always glad to here people with an appreciation for the larger planes, and the the "Sleek Greyhound of death"(Aurora)

BimmerBob
08-15-2010, 07:51 PM
What's the matter with you guys, no camera? Pics please!

Bowzone_Mikey
08-15-2010, 08:43 PM
was there any CDN Hornets there or just the American Super Hornets?

I am looking at AIAS website .. I see they had a B-25 there ...

I also see the usual suspects, Hercs , C17s, c150s c5 etc ... .. I havent been in an army airbus yet .. I am curious to that .... I also wanna check out the Herc J model was it the 30 series ... (the long Herc) as well as a spectre or spooky series ;)

Hope is was good .. wish i coulda been there

303Brit
08-15-2010, 10:11 PM
BzM
Yes a min of 2 of ours are there along with 4-6 yank ones, A-10, P-51, F4U Corsair, Skyraider,KC 135, Herc J, Herc Stretch, twin Huey, F-15E, F-16, C-5, C-17, DC-9, KC-10, Hawk One (F-86 Sabre), Snowturds, Hawk Trainer, Harvard II, and the mighty Lancaster from the Hamilton Warplane museum. That about rounds out most of the Mil A/C tonnes of Civy stuff from stunt planes to Lear jets.

And the RCMP have their Cougar APC, and the army has some kit on display including some of the LAV's for a pyro demo.