PDA

View Full Version : Cannon image stabilizer binos??

mark
08-15-2010, 09:01 AM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0006786710052a&navCount=1&podId=0006786710052&parentId=cat601543&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat602006-cat601543&catalogCode=QL&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601543&hasJS=true

I have just had the opportunity to borrow a pair of these in the 12x model and I have to say Im very impressed, in fact almost sold on buying a pair!

I know there has been many bino threads, Ive read most of it, but I dont recall anyone speaking of these. Do any other members have these or tried them, the reviews are awesome!
Anyone comment on cannon products and warranty????

Steeleco
08-15-2010, 09:18 AM
I once had the opportunity to look through a pair quite some time back. They were fantastic, but at the time they were worth more than the Tracker I was driving. IIRC they were 20x50's they were purported to be worth $2500, I see they have got somewhat cheaper since.

pearljam
08-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Not a bad price if they work......

mark
08-15-2010, 09:22 AM
I once had the opportunity to look through a pair quite some time back. They were fantastic, but at the time they were worth more than the Tracker I was driving.

I'm sure in the time since, they've improved somewhat, but haven't got any cheaper??

The 12x I borrowed were $800 to the door step!
the 10x retail at $450 plus the crap!

Even the 12x units are a bit lighter than the bushnell discover'ers Im using now! I was actually quite content with my binos until I tried, and compared these!

mark
08-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Not a bad price if they work......

They work amazing, even at night!
They even work well from a moving vehicle, or a boat on shaky water as well! So much less eye strain its awesome!

Steeleco
08-15-2010, 09:35 AM
The 12x I borrowed were $800 to the door step!
the 10x retail at $450 plus the crap!

Even the 12x units are a bit lighter than the bushnell discover'ers Im using now! I was actually quite content with my binos until I tried, and compared these!

Damn your quick!! You quoted me before I used your link and saw how much cheaper they have become. :wink: I have the IS system in my camera and it's never failed to make me a better photographer!!

Just need to pack spare batteries for those long trips!!

Sitkaspruce
08-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Hey Mark

Do they stabilize the image for hand shake?? I have essential tremor and it can be a real PITA to glass without the aid of either my hat or a tripod rest.

I want to look through a set, but have not had the oppurtunity yet.

Hows the balance??

Cheers

SS

mark
08-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey Mark

Do they stabilize the image for hand shake?? I have essential tremor and it can be a real PITA to glass without the aid of either my hat or a tripod rest.

I want to look through a set, but have not had the oppurtunity yet.

Hows the balance??

Cheers

SS

Thats exactly what they do! They dont pick a spot and lock on, you can still move around, it takes out all the micro shake and wiggle that you cant avoid! Whether its a 100 yards or 5 miles even if you have a dead solid rest it makes a world of difference!
Only takes 2 aa's and buddy got a year out of his first set!

Shooter
08-15-2010, 12:40 PM
whats the warranty like on those?