PDA

View Full Version : Weather Conditions in November (Clearwater)

Super Matt
08-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Just wondering what to expect for weather come november in the Clearwater area. Temp? Snow? Etc?

CanuckShooter
08-14-2010, 01:29 PM
You can expect temperatures anywhere from +10c to -40c, no snow up to a couple of feet of snow....if your planning a november hunt, come prepared.:-D

Super Matt
08-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Sweet I love that kinda unknown, thanks for the heads up. Oh ya, what were things like last year?

Super Matt
08-14-2010, 01:41 PM
How does the cold affect the animals in the area, will I expect to find them in the lower altitudes if its cold?

landphil
08-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Well, it's not likely to be -40, but i suppose it's possible in november. typical would be -10 to -15 at night depending on elevation, possibly thawing some in the day, and some snow - not too likely to have over 1 foot, but I suppose anything is possible. You will find the animals where you find them - there will still be some up higher in November, probably most starting to move down lower by then. Actual weather conditions may vary.:wink:

Jelvis
08-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Maybe snow at some higher els and maybe none, maybe icy roads, maybe hard gravel it depends on our mother, Mother Nature .. maybe lots of dumped snow, maybe packed snow or icy graveled .. or bare.
Jelly .. Weatherman road condition expert ..could be muddy and soft in areas, frozen in others, might rain hard or just drizzle, hail, snow flakes that melt when on the ground and sometimes snow stays on the ground cuZ the ground is cold enough not to melt it .. could be sunny as hell or partially cloudy or partially clear, windy like mad or calm as a kitty cat. The weather can change in an hour ..
Hope that helps .. Wind? Could be from the north, east, west or south direction any wheres from calm to blustery depending on the temperature and which direction the mountain faces.

slowkey
08-14-2010, 04:28 PM
try this go to

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/

select the town you think you'll be near then select the historical button. You can go back about 10 years.

buck nash
08-14-2010, 05:04 PM
try this go to

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/

select the town you think you'll be near then select the historical button. You can go back about 10 years.

Good idea! Thanks I'll use that little trick for sure.

Mooseter
08-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Lived and hunted Clearwater for 35 years and Landphil is pretty well on target.

landphil
08-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Lived and hunted Clearwater for 35 years and Landphil is pretty well on target.

Well, it wasn't just a guess - I grew up over the hill near Mahood Lake.:wink:

Super Matt
08-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Thats all great stuff guys, Thanks. I look forward to anything that comes my way. Matt