PDA

View Full Version : leupold vendetta

brock77
08-14-2010, 09:59 AM
any one try this or know some who has, just wondering how it is

Bowzone_Mikey
08-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Havent tried it .... Commercial looks cool ...but sure looks like its got some weight to it that will throw the balance of you bow off ... without a counter weight on the other side I suspect there will be a whole lot of Canting going on ....

Bow Walker
08-14-2010, 10:18 AM
C'mon you guys - pics, we need pics!

Jonas111
08-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I want one!!!

Bow Walker
08-16-2010, 09:23 AM
still waiting for pics or a link....

Bow Walker
08-16-2010, 09:49 AM
OK, OK. I got over being lazy and went online. Found the Vendetta. Here it is...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/vendetta-archery-rangefinder-angle.jpg

At only 10 or 11 ounces it looks to be pretty cool. At $249.00 USD it's not a bad deal either.

I don't think worrying about canting the bow with this mounted would be much of a problem at all. Most of us are used to checking our sight levels as part of our shot sequence, and since it's mounted pretty close to the riser it wouldn't overly cant the bow anyway.

Here's the link...

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/rangefinders/vendetta-archery-rangefinders/vendetta-archery-rangefinder/

Grouse River, being a Leupold dealer will have them pretty soon I'd guess. Reliable Gun is another dealer. Plus there's a couple of dealers on the Island.

brock77
08-16-2010, 09:58 AM
you tube has a video for installing and setting up on bow.....cant seem to get the link:? google (you tube leupold vendetta) videos 1&2

Bow Walker
08-16-2010, 10:06 AM
There's a nice 16 minute instructional video right on Leupold's website...

Ruger4
08-16-2010, 03:20 PM
OK, OK. I got over being lazy and went online. Found the Vendetta. Here it is...

I don't think worrying about canting the bow with this mounted would be much of a problem at all. Most of us are used to checking our sight levels as part of our shot sequence,

x2......:mrgreen:

hardnocks
08-16-2010, 03:54 PM
korth do`s not have them yet so maybe next year.

their will not be one on my bow.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
the thing weighs 3/4 pound ... not on any of my bows either ...

that and they are illegal in most states and totally illegal for P&Y

Ruger4
08-16-2010, 05:50 PM
I think the Vendetta idea is cool but I agree , I wouldnt buy one

Bow Walker
08-16-2010, 06:31 PM
the thing weighs 3/4 pound ... not on any of my bows either ...

that and they are illegal in most states and totally illegal for P&Y
Not being concerned - at all - with P&Y, and not likely be hunting in the Excited States any time soon, I'm not worried about the legality of the thing. I do like the ease of of use and the ability to range an animal without putting the bow down, especially when at full draw, waiting for him to just turn that extra little bit.

Plus I like that you don't have to fumble around trying to find the animal in the aperture of the range finder when you want to check the yardage because he kept coming closer - and you can't remember the yardages that you pre-ranged before that honker stepped into view.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Not being concerned - at all - with P&Y, .......<snip>
alot of people say that untill they shoot a cranker ... lemme know if your tune changes when you shoot a 116 and 4/8 inch Blacktail ;) (P&Y World record BTW is 116 3/8 shot in '87 on Prince of wales Island Alaska)

Bow Walker
08-16-2010, 08:01 PM
100.9% of my hunting (the past 8 - 9 years) has been done on the Island. While I'd love to go on a hunt elsewhere, it ain't in the cards in the foreseeable future. I've only ever been able to go on a week-long hunting trip once in my life - got diddley squat, but loved the time spent. Just never had the time off nor the $$$ all at the same time. :icon_frow

All of the bucks that I've ever shot, I've only kept (or been concerned over) 2 sets of horns. The latest set is 'aging and curing' on top of my archery barn as I type. It is from last year.

The older set that I kept for a while lasted about 2 years then it got trashed. Just never been interested in 'trophies'. I am very interested in the experience(s) though. Hence my love of photography and cooking.

North Star
08-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Coming soon to a bow near you, laser guided arrows. :P

Bowzone_Mikey
08-16-2010, 10:11 PM
laser sights have been around for a while now for bows ... the one model I was familiar with was a 3 light deal ... you had to death grip yer bow .. and you had to squeeze the finger corisponing to the color of laser light to the distance you wanted ... you sight the red one for 20 , green one for 30, purple one for 40 ...

some guy ordered out of the states or europe and got the shop that I hung out at at the time to put it on ....this was circa 2001 ish

Bow Walker
08-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Now that sounds like a lot of work setting it up. You'd have to set it up for your own bow/arrow combo and god help you if you loose a few fps or change the weight of the arrows.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-17-2010, 11:34 AM
not really IIRC ....the same as setting pins ...

open-sights
08-25-2010, 10:16 PM

Just to set the record straight, We do have these at Korth and have been shipping for weeks now, this is a fantastic new product, agreed that you wont be scored into a P&Y record book if thats your thing, despite that the Vendetta is awesome, a real winner.

Bow Walker
08-26-2010, 10:10 AM

Just to set the record straight, We do have these at Korth and have been shipping for weeks now, this is a fantastic new product, agreed that you wont be scored into a P&Y record book if thats your thing, despite that the Vendetta is awesome, a real winner.

I'm beginning to wonder about where some members get their info from....

Being able to range (or re-range) a deer without having to let down from full-draw and thus NOT moving overly much would be a definite asset, especially if the deer is a bit wary or skittish. It's too easy to forget yardage markers that were ranged perhaps hours ago when a shooter finally shows up and is wandering into the 'killing zone'.

Each to their own, but I'd have one on my bow in a NY minute.

Rob
01-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Anyone try this or own one? Looking for pros and cons.

Bow Walker
01-19-2011, 07:27 AM
About the only drawback to one of those things might be (and I say might be because I haven't tried one yet) is that a shooter could have target acquisition problems with the rangefinder.

Not being able to view the deer through the eye piece could present a problem in acquiring the deer for ranging purposes. You could be ranging the tree that is 10 yards in front of it!

I don't know, it might be a problem.

Big Lew
01-19-2011, 09:09 AM
About the only drawback to one of those things might be (and I say might be because I haven't tried one yet) is that a shooter could have target acquisition problems with the rangefinder.

Not being able to view the deer through the eye piece could present a problem in acquiring the deer for ranging purposes. You could be ranging the tree that is 10 yards in front of it!

I don't know, it might be a problem.
That's quite perceptive, "BowWalker", even when using a good quality hand-held rangefinder, I sometimes get readings from adjacent or closer branches etc.

troutseeker
01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
This would kick butt on my crossbow. Accurate range finding without having to take the stock off the shoulder. I can even see getting a scope with adjustable turrets so I can "click in" the distance ranged and fire away. This would drastically increase my effective range!

xtremearchery
01-19-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm beginning to wonder about where some members get their info from....

Being able to range (or re-range) a deer without having to let down from full-draw and thus NOT moving overly much would be a definite asset, especially if the deer is a bit wary or skittish. It's too easy to forget yardage markers that were ranged perhaps hours ago when a shooter finally shows up and is wandering into the 'killing zone'.

Each to their own, but I'd have one on my bow in a NY minute.
Hey Bow Walker, I agree with you 100%. I friend of mine bought one. Pretty cool. Added a little extra weight to the bow. No big deal for him, cause he does allot of stand hunting. Kind of weird that they are band in the usa... They had quite the booth at the ATA.

Bow Walker
01-19-2011, 06:29 PM
I've got an older hand-held raange finder (no angle compensation) and so far it works "OK". But when I upgrade, I am going to be having a seriously hard look at the Vendetta.

knockturnal
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
they are not banned in ALL of the states. Just certain ones. Just like some states have banned the use of lumeinated nocks. which brings me to open up a new thread.

troutseeker
01-20-2011, 07:06 PM
I was in the Kamllops Wholesales Sports today and they had the Vendetta in stock.

I did not bother to ask for a price as I find it to be an unethical tool.:mrgreen:

Bow Walker
01-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Let me get this straight. You find using a rangefinder unethical?

You don't like to make sure of the range so that your shot (whether it be from a bow or a gun) kills cleanly and as fast as possible?

Either you're trolling and trying to stir it up - or you're......

Well, I'm not going to rise to the bait. Nice try.

troutseeker
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Well, you know after the whole crossbow debacle, I figured I'd get into traditional archery instead, maybe... No gimmicks, kisser buttons, range finders, wheels, or carbon fiber, etc... Just back to good old basics where the animal is on equal ground with the hunter!

Ron.C
01-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Well, you know after the whole crossbow debacle, I figured I'd get into traditional archery instead, maybe... No gimmicks, kisser buttons, range finders, wheels, or carbon fiber, etc... Just back to good old basics where the animal is on equal ground with the hunter!

and here we go:roll:

Bow Walker
01-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Well troutseeker, I hope that you practice hard, make 'ehtical' decisions on your shots, and that your kills are quick.

Not for your sake, but for the sake of the animals that you hunt and might actually get a shot at.