PDA

View Full Version : Grouse River Outfitters

sako_300
08-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Is there a coupon code for HBC members? If a guy was going to purchase ~$1k worth of gear from them and is a member of this site does he need to pay the price online even though they are a site sponser?

Sent them an email inquiring about a few products and indicated I was a member on here. The response I got was "all pricing is available on our website". They were helpful in gear specs but I would have thought spending a grand plus and being an active member would have shaved a bit.

GoatGuy
08-12-2010, 05:32 PM
You are shaving a bit by getting help on specs and a reply via email. Although it's uncommon they call that customer service. You get that out of all the site sponsors - it's kinda nice.

You can email no sale sports or some big outfit in the states and get a reply from some dipshit getting min wage who might not even hunt ...... if you even get a reply.

Then pay virtually the same price.

Nevermind dealing with warranty work or 'customer service.'

too funny

sako_300
08-12-2010, 05:35 PM
thanks for the help??

Any warranty work I send straight to the company. No need in dealing with the middle man again. IF you pay for quality then there should be no issue.

GoatGuy
08-12-2010, 05:58 PM
thanks for the help??

Any warranty work I send straight to the company. No need in dealing with the middle man again. IF you pay for quality then there should be no issue.

When your meindls calf er and the bc distributor won't warranty them it's nice when your local shop covers them and sets you up with another set of boots.

betteroffishing
08-12-2010, 06:38 PM
im pretty sure the sponsership of the sight isnt free , so the open dialogue complete with pics and banter is part of the " discount " you get from giving them your business. usually when someone gives something of value the intended response is thank you , not wheres more?? some peoples children.

sako_300
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
wow - struck a nerve with a few. I guess everyone pays retail value around here and justifies with the "added intimacy" of the experience.

Why do you think people give discounts in bulk? Sure, if I was buying one item I would pay retail, but multiple items of a significant value and your margins become less significant - economics my friends.

Companies that advertise on this site should pay a premiem. They are accessing a market which is specific to the product they are selling. I don't think they are going to advertise on a bodybuilding forum.

The above isn't meant as a slam to the retailer - I was simply wondering if there is a discount code you enter at the checkout. Relax. If that isn't the case then a simple "No" would have sufficed. I'll make sure I never look for a deal again on principle of an email response.

I have recieved deals from other sponsers of this site and will be doing business with them again. It's good business if you ask me.

Gateholio
08-12-2010, 07:15 PM
None of the sponsors of HBC have "coupon codes" but if one wanted to add one, I am sure they could quite easily. If you are looking for a discount it is between you and the business, it has nothing to do with HBC.

Keep in mind a thousand dollars isn't really a large purchase, either.:wink:

Ruger4
08-12-2010, 07:22 PM
I cant speak for him directly but I'm sure if you contacted Glen ( owner ) directly at Grouse River , he'd be more than happy to accomadate if he can. :mrgreen:

bearhunter338-06
08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
I find the staff more then helpfull, and if you talk nice you can save a little extra. Remember they are not a large chain store but a guy trying to make a living just like the rest of use.

moosinaround
08-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I was in Grouse River last week and dealt with a fellow HBC member who works there. He was very knowledgeable about the products I was asking for, and the pricing was compareable to other stores in BC. Deals can be had on E-bay ect, but new stuff, you need to shop around, compare prices, and let the folks you are dealing with know you are looking elsewhere. Usually this will keep them competative in the marketplace. I do deal and will continue to deal with the site sponsors, both locally and out of town by mail order. It pays to shop around! Moosin

Dutch Ppoacher
08-12-2010, 07:58 PM
a thousand bucks, that is it? cheep s.o.b always lookin for deals... i tell ya.

waistdeep
08-12-2010, 08:19 PM
and what exactly did you pay to be on this site that now entitles you to get coupons?

.330 Dakota
08-12-2010, 08:51 PM
wow - struck a nerve with a few. I guess everyone pays retail value around here and justifies with the "added intimacy" of the experience.

Why do you think people give discounts in bulk? Sure, if I was buying one item I would pay retail, but multiple items of a significant value and your margins become less significant - economics my friends.

Companies that advertise on this site should pay a premiem. They are accessing a market which is specific to the product they are selling. I don't think they are going to advertise on a bodybuilding forum.

The above isn't meant as a slam to the retailer - I was simply wondering if there is a discount code you enter at the checkout. Relax. If that isn't the case then a simple "No" would have sufficed. I'll make sure I never look for a deal again on principle of an email response.

I have recieved deals from other sponsers of this site and will be doing business with them again. It's good business if you ask me.

Finally someone who shares my thoughts...Thanks

pearljam
08-12-2010, 08:56 PM

I kninda agree, If i were them i would be offering a disscount to guys on this forum, give guys incentive to buy from HBC sponsors. maybe that would stop all the threads about wholesale sports. no one would be buying from them.....

sarnold
08-12-2010, 09:06 PM
my past relations with G.R. customer service was not that great:confused:
I had a browning ball cap and the stiching can apart after no even 1/2 a dozen wears and I was given a big old "well it has been used...." NO SHIT:???:
just my 2 cents

Marc
08-12-2010, 09:18 PM
You know what I find Ironic? The people who do the majority of the complaining on the site have never donated, or bought anything in support of the website, yet they spend time on here probably every night if not surfing from work in the day time, but demand a discount from the sponsor because they are a member of a free forum. Grouse river in the past has donated a $1000.00 gift certificate for anything in the store as a giveaway prize to help raise funds in support of the site, they've also offered more I just haven't gotten around to put it towards a contest yet. These funds make it possible for you to surf and enjoy the same website that you are now surfing for free.

Maybe I should just stop excepting sponsors and start charging everyone $100 for a membership every year and have the site only visible to paying members.

Not the type of site I want or the majority I'm guessing.

sparkymacker
08-12-2010, 09:48 PM
You know what I find Ironic? The people who do the majority of the complaining on the site have never donated, or bought anything in support of the website, yet they spend time on here probably every night if not surfing from work in the day time, but demand a discount from the sponsor because they are a member of a free forum. Grouse river in the past has donated a $1000.00 gift certificate for anything in the store as a giveaway prize to help raise funds in support of the site, they've also offered more I just haven't gotten around to put it towards a contest yet. These funds make it possible for you to surf and enjoy the same website that you are now surfing for free.

Maybe I should just stop excepting sponsors and start charging everyone $100 for a membership every year and have the site only visible to paying members.

Hmmmm....if it puts an end to Jelvis' posts...I think I might be in for a C note?:mrgreen:

islandhunter
08-12-2010, 09:50 PM
I've found Grouse rivers prices to be quite competitive. Just bought some kenetrek boots from them today and had great service. I'm just happy we have such a good store with top notch gear in our area. No need to grind 'em down 50 bucks. IMO

Gateholio
08-12-2010, 10:33 PM
I kninda agree, If i were them i would be offering a disscount to guys on this forum, give guys incentive to buy from HBC sponsors. maybe that would stop all the threads about wholesale sports. no one would be buying from them.....

If you look at some of the threads, you will see that there is already great incentive to buy from HBC sponsors.

Great, personalized service and prices are mentioned over and over and over again.:-D

CabinFever
08-12-2010, 10:45 PM
I've purchased two guns from them in the past year and have always found the service to be excellent.

sako_300
08-12-2010, 11:56 PM
a thousand bucks, that is it? cheep s.o.b always lookin for deals... i tell ya.

A thousand always leads to more... this sport isn't cheap

With a name like dutch I'm guessing that you might have a cheap bone somewhere.

No love on the sheep pics? I thought that would get you going?

sako_300
08-12-2010, 11:59 PM
I've found Grouse rivers prices to be quite competitive. Just bought some kenetrek boots from them today and had great service. I'm just happy we have such a good store with top notch gear in our area. No need to grind 'em down 50 bucks. IMO

$50 bucks is $50 bucks my friend. If someone is willing to give a deal I'm not going to refuse. I don't view it as grinding when all I'm doing is asking.

If they are firm on the pricing then I make a decision to purchase or not - pretty straightforward IMO.

Fisher-Dude
08-13-2010, 06:09 AM

X2. Glenn has always come to the plate with donations for our fish and game banquet, and even shows up to volunteer his time to help us with prize draws, etc. Glenn has offered to help our club with youth programs too.

Perhaps the OP should go down the road to Bear Cr and see what kind of "discount" he gets - hope he can still walk after he gets screwed at the competition.

Grouse River gets lots of my business because of friendly staff, GOOD advice, support for our club and this forum, good selection, willingness to custom order items for me (and I'm particular about my gear), and for competitive pricing that regularly beats WSS's prices.

mcrae
08-13-2010, 06:42 AM
Glenn just helped me get all pimped out in a full set of Sitka gear so I can look hardcore on my ATV. He spent the better part of two weeks emailing me back and forth helping me pick pieces of Sitka gear that would best help me for my use.

That is my HBC discount try getting that level of service at Cabelas or WSS....

Mark and Omineca Source for Sports are fantastic as well and even if the price is a couple bucks higher at either establishment they get my business because I appreciated personalized customer service.

Keep up the good work Gentleman!

Ruger4
08-13-2010, 07:02 AM

Perfectly said Marc , you just beat me to it , without sponsors you wouldnt be reading this right now and if its a $50 discount your looking to save as mentioned, you probably shouldnt be spending the $1000 :???: :mrgreen:

sako_300
08-13-2010, 11:12 AM
this is good fun. I'm glad to see everyone supporting.

Just to be clear - I was at the checkout stage (ABOUT TO PURCHASE) and it asked if I had a coupon code so I posted on here as I figured I'd get a quick response. Boy was I right.

coach
08-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I've made quite a few purchases from Grouse River in the last two years. I find their service is excellent and continues to get better and better. I have placed two special orders in the last few weeks and both times they have been prompt in getting the product in and calling me to keep me up to date. I think it's great to have a local store where the owner cares about supporting the community as well as sites like this one through sponsorship. Glenn and his staff should be commended on the good job they are doing. I for one, would like to see this store be successful and stay in business for years to come.

The original question posed in this thread was whether there was a discount code for HBC members when ordering through the website. I'm sure that a call directly to Glenn would result in a satisfactory answer. I would prefer to talk to someone in person, rather than order online - even if it is over the phone. The Grouse River website is well done and I use it often to research products and get an idea of pricing.

troutseeker
08-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Check the local newspapers, I think there are some coupons for KFC... Get some chicken instead of grouse.

betteroffishing
08-13-2010, 07:42 PM
i didnt get that from your original post sako 300 , in that case no harm done in asking and looking back at your original post , you werent really complaining were you . for my part im sorry for climbing all over you without the full picture of your circumstance , with or without coupon code , i hope our site sponser gets your buck. what are ya buyin for that thousand ?

BCRiverBoater
08-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Wow...was his post misunderstood. All he asked for was if there was a coupon code. Wow..........people sure like to jump to conclusions.

Fisher-Dude
08-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Wow...was his post misunderstood. All he asked for was if there was a coupon code. Wow..........people sure like to jump to conclusions.

Maybe check the fact that he went back and edited it the next day, after he got caught in the shit storm. :wink:

Brambles
08-14-2010, 02:00 PM
They were helpful in gear specs but I would have thought spending a grand plus and being an active member would have shaved a bit.

87 posts since April 2008 and YOUR and active member:confused:

GrouseRiver
08-14-2010, 07:27 PM
SAKO_300 Thank you for your interest in purchasing from us, our primary interest is in satisfying our customers with quality gear. I'm not going to get into all the back and forth that has occurred on this thread although I'll admit it is entertaining. When you emailed us regarding your investigation into the Sitka clothing the question was fairly general and there was little indication as to what or how much you were intending to purchase, and you had made a request for a "price list". I personally provided a very detailed reply and, in the interest of making sure we recommended the right product for you I invited you to call us. Of course we also wanted to ensure you had a direct venue to ask any other questions about your pending purchase.

We don't have different prices lists for different parties however we strive to offer pricing that is competitive and more importantly, at least in my mind, a level of service that is worth returning for. If we're off base on pricing something or if anyone has received a service experience that has been anything but exceptional then I want to hear about it. Through conversations with our customers I believe our Sitka pricing is very competitive in Canada and our current shipping offer is also very good.

In the interest of making this a win-win for everyone and more importantly as a thank you to all the members here who have supported us since the beginning, why don't we just create a COUPON CODE after all.
HERE'S THE DEAL, SPEND $100 OR MORE FROM NOW UNTIL SEPT 15th AND YOUR ORDER SHIPS FREE. COUPON CODE IS "HBC"

SAKO_300 for starting this whole thing you will be billed for everyone else's shipping costs...just kidding. But seriously call us and we'll get you outfitted with the Sitka gear you need.

I hope everyone is gearing up for a tremendous season. Let's tie this one off and get back to talking about hunting and the season ahead!

Best regards, Glenn

spear
08-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Grouse River has always been more than helpfull to me, I've bought a small amoun of gear and optics from them and Im always happy to go back. The coupon only sweetens the deal!

bowhunterbruce
08-14-2010, 09:48 PM
sako,if i was to through in my 2 cents worth,you'd be a fool not to take your business to glen and his crew,as an active participent in kelowna's fish and game club archery shoots i have approched them many times on donations for prizes that bring in money towards the clubs youth division,not to mention all the other donations they have provided throughout the valley.ive bought a pair of danners from him and was completly satified.last xmas my better half was in there getting me my present and they took enough care of her that every piece of sika gear i got, fit me perfectly!!!!!.
yes the sitka gear is pricey but you will not find better customer service or competive prices for it anywhere.
awsome on ya glenn for the hbc incentive.u rock.

sako_300
08-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Now I guess everyone is going to jump all over me for getting a coupon code for HBC members...

Maybe check the fact that he went back and edited it the next day, after he got caught in the shit storm. :wink:

FYI - the only statement removed was that I'm comparative shopping in the states. Take it for what it's worth. Not that Glenn didn't answer my questions or his prices are out of line. I don't play games; money talks, BS walks.

87 posts since April 2008 and YOUR and active member:confused:

I'm a slow learner... I guess since Grouse River (Glenn) only has 20 he's not an active member either...

Cheers, let's hope this one can die now.