PDA

View Full Version : Moose / Goat Combo Hunt

Roughneck Country
08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi, just wondering who a good outfitter would be to do a 7-10 day moose hunt, with goat as a possible option as an additional species if I got a moose early. I see there are a lot of outfits that offer this but prices really range from under $5,000 to well over $10,000. I would prefer an outfitter that has 50+ inch bulls commonly found in their area. As far as cost I would like to keep it to $8,000 + or - if thats even possible.

Any suggestions? I would be looking at this for next fall or in possibly 2 years if everything is booked up. Just want to get something on the lined up now if possible.

Also I am from out of province so no I don't need a draw, etc...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

CanuckShooter
08-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I suggest you move to BC....:wink:

Moose/goat combos can probably be found in the McBride area...although 50 inch is a little small for a hunt of a lifetime.

mxracer328
08-11-2010, 11:19 AM
i would think somewhere around fort nelson, but i dont know of any guide outfitters

Angel
08-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Why not look in the Yukon for some guided hunts.

bridger
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
contact the guide outfitters of british columbia their office staff can direct you to the outfitter best for you. to get a 50 + bull you need to hunt northern bc.

daywalker
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
x2 the yukon maybe evan get a grizz. Never priced out a guide but check out jim shockey for the yukon. Although I am sure he is expensive and booked up pretty good. But I would think anywere in the yukon for massive bulls or the North West corner of B.C.

daywalker
08-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Just looked at Shockey's web site it your hunt in the Yukon would be 20,000 plus that is a bit steep.

Roughneck Country
08-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Ya I checked out Shockey which I would love to go to his camp but he is a little rich for my blood. I know 50 inch wouldnt be hunt of a lifetime but I found that the 60" Bull hunts are exponentially more money. I would like to keep it under $10,000 if possible. I would love to hunt the Yukon some day though! McBride/Prince George is where i was thinking as well. Thanks for the comments!

08-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Check out this outfit, they nail some massive goats in their area and there are big moose up there.

http://www.goldenbearoutfitting.com/

Ruger4
08-11-2010, 01:16 PM
check your message in-box :mrgreen:

luckynuts
08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Make sure you get referances!!!!!!!! There has been some outfits in the Prince George area that have pages and pages of negative crap about them. $8000 is a lot of money to throw away on some shit rat that just drives the back roads. Get on some U.S. sites and ask as well. 24hr campfire would be a good one.

Scoop Lake Outfitters, Stikine river outfitters, Stone mountain safaris, Big nine many many more. Christina falls outfitters,

Research and lots of research. Good luck

W.

CanuckShooter
08-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Ya I checked out Shockey which I would love to go to his camp but he is a little rich for my blood. I know 50 inch wouldnt be hunt of a lifetime but I found that the 60" Bull hunts are exponentially more money. I would like to keep it under $10,000 if possible. I would love to hunt the Yukon some day though! McBride/Prince George is where i was thinking as well. Thanks for the comments!

Lots of big bull moose in BC...on GOS too. Take a look at 7b, spike/fork-tri,palm-ten point bull moose, three point bull elk, cow elk, deer...all under general openings...if your Canadian all you'd need is a BC hunter to host you. 60"+ are not uncommon up there......and leave the goats for when you have more time:-D

Devilbear
08-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Stone Mountain Safaris, High'n'Wild, Tuchodi Outfitters, all of these are top notch northeatern BC outfits and will have what you want. Collingwood Bros. in NWBC is another excellent choice and these would be where I would look, first.

I have been in a fair amount of the country where these guys operate and the game is there, plus, they have really nice camps and good grub and know their areas. They are all good guys and will give value for your dollar.

srupp
08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
wow goes to show just HOW fortunate we are to live here..couldnt afford even a "meat hunt for moose" let alone $20k for a Shockey adventure..

Steven

good list Devilbear..

yukon john
08-11-2010, 03:51 PM

Deaddog
08-11-2010, 06:54 PM
For BC look at tuchodi river, scoop lake, or cassiar stone, all good outfits pm me if you want details

I agree whole heartedly with this, however I would add collingwood bros as well, the spatsizi plateau is something most won't see, good goats in that area and moose, Reg and Ray are good guys as well and you will get you money's worth... may as well take a caribou while you are there.. DD

yukon john
08-11-2010, 07:38 PM
I agree whole heartedly with this, however I would add collingwood bros as well, the spatsizi plateau is something most won't see, good goats in that area and moose, Reg and Ray are good guys as well and you will get you money's worth... may as well take a caribou while you are there.. DD

I agree, missed them, but they run a good outfit..... bradfords as well