PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Bow Supplies

rollingrock
08-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Besides Booreman, who else sells traditional bows and supplies in Lower Mainland?

Bow Walker
08-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Big Game in Abbottsford? What sort of supplys are you looking for? Just general or something pretty specific?

Reliable Guns now has an archery department. Might want to phone forst though.

rollingrock
08-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Ah...right, Reliable! I'm looking for leather arrow rest/plate for my recurve. I phoned Big Bear and another one, but none of them carry that.

Bow Walker
08-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Why not make your own from an old belt?

The Hermit
08-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Or use a bit of beaver/otter fur?

hardnocks
08-11-2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.git-r-donearchery.com/ try mail ordering with this guy in cow town .

rollingrock
08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
For some reason, I guess it's the draw weight of my bow, the calf fur rest on my bow was worn and cut pretty fast. But of course I've been practicing a lot...I mean...a lot.

Bow Walker
08-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I found that my feathers chewing my shelf pad up pretty bad so I put a dab of glue on the leading edges (right at the quill tips) of the hen feathers to 'soften' or 'blunt' that abrupt edge as it passes over the arrow shelf. Seemed to help a bit.

I also changed from the very soft fur-type shelf pad to something a bit more tougher. I had an old bet (from my thinner days) and cut myself a nice shelf pad from it. Then I chamfered the leading edge where the feathers were contacting on the shot.

Trick is to not make the shelf pad too thick or it will induce even greater arrow paradox. At the very least a thicker pad could also affect your arrow's P.O.I.

aggiehunter
08-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Sealskin...best traditional offerings in BC is Windfeather Archery Traditions in Cranbrook.

Bow Walker
08-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Sealskin...best traditional offerings in BC is Windfeather Archery Traditions in Cranbrook.
Do they have a website? Do they do online ordering/shipping?

rollingrock
08-13-2010, 12:14 AM
I found that my feathers chewing my shelf pad up pretty bad so I put a dab of glue on the leading edges (right at the quill tips) of the hen feathers to 'soften' or 'blunt' that abrupt edge as it passes over the arrow shelf. Seemed to help a bit.

I also changed from the very soft fur-type shelf pad to something a bit more tougher. I had an old bet (from my thinner days) and cut myself a nice shelf pad from it. Then I chamfered the leading edge where the feathers were contacting on the shot.

Trick is to not make the shelf pad too thick or it will induce even greater arrow paradox. At the very least a thicker pad could also affect your arrow's P.O.I.

Yeah...found a solution...I'm gonna use the leather finger tab for the rest and plate. Same thickness, same color, same material....I just need to cut it and glue it. :mrgreen: