PDA

View Full Version : Whats in your pack?

Savage Man
08-10-2010, 10:03 PM
So I am just wondering what everyone else carries in their day packs. First aid kit , head lamp,safety blanket ie.

springpin
08-10-2010, 10:05 PM
beer...oh, and shit tickets.

mark
08-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Safety blanket??? How would a blanket keep you safe????

moosinaround
08-10-2010, 10:12 PM
You know, like Linus in Charlie Brown!!:wink:

cainer
08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
ahh the good ol safety blanky-mine wont fit. so i just carry the usual, water, food, 2 lights, fire, first aid kit, multi tool, cheese cloth, tp, gps, compass, extra layers, rubber gloves, knives, licence. seems like alot, but there's really not that much. oh yeah-space blanket and 15" gator saw/sword

22savage
08-10-2010, 10:29 PM
flagging tape ,fox fire whistle, compass, rubbergloves ,magnesium flint, plastic garbage bag ,small mag light , head lamp ,spare clip ,ammo ,space blanket ,small drag line ,a couple of old skate laces,folding saw, first aid kit, water bottle, power bars and a big fat cuban cigar for when the work is all done.

todbartell
08-10-2010, 10:32 PM
water, lunch, license, knife, saw, camera, gps, half dozen extra rifle shells, rain jacket, headlamp/caplight, some thin rope, lighter & flagging tape are usually what's in my daypack. Depends on the hunt, it can change a bit but these items usually dont

Binoculars, shooting sticks, elk calls, rangefinder, wind checker are often in my pockets/hands when hunting. A rifle too ;)

Paulyman
08-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Bullets,knife,compass,food,lunch,condoms,safety blanket,lube,signalling device,sharpening stone,camera.

slicky72
08-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Bullets,knife,compass,food,lunch,condoms,safety blanket,lube,signalling device,sharpening stone,camera.

haha I hope this is a multipurpose pack , seems like your prepped for a little more than hunting!

bad arrow
08-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I always put one of those little tarps 5x7 in my pack, if left in the original wrapping they dont take up much room and can save alot of misery from a sudden downpour several miles from shelter, or you may be lost and need shelter.

Mountaintop
08-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Don't forget an extra set of batteries for the headlamp/GPS/camera, etc. otherwise they can become dead weight. I like the the idea of the big Cuban. That's going in mine.

open-sights
08-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I tend to pack just about everything I dont need and find out what I do need was left back at camp.

carnivore
08-11-2010, 09:00 AM

Sounds like the kind of pack contents one would need for hunting on "Buttcrack Mountain". LOL

Paulyman
08-11-2010, 09:15 AM
haha I hope this is a multipurpose pack , seems like your prepped for a little more than hunting!

Ha ha just seeing if anyone would notice :)

mxracer328
08-11-2010, 09:27 AM
in my pack i have:

first aid kit
survival kit that is for hunting and snowmobiling
hand sanitizer
food
water / juice
gps
camera
extra batteries
binos
togue and extra gloves
shit tickets
flash light
head lamp
extra ammo
saw
knives
50' of 1/4" rope
rain jacket

DDD
08-11-2010, 11:33 AM

Good one?? Maybe the same way a space blanket keeps you in space.

D

Slinky Pickle
08-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow, no one said "map". I must be paranoid I guess. Although I always pack my GPS, my compass and a map are always lodged in the bottom of the pack somewere.

snowhunter
08-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Several sets of disposable gloves, which, as a liner, also can waterproof all gloves and mittens. In an emergency, disposal gloves alone can keep hands warm.
"tickets", when used with disposal gloves, keeps hands clean
extra, sharp knife
small saw for pelvis bone
ammo, 15-20 rounds
if needed, GPS and compass
extra batteries for GPS and walkie talkie
lunch
snacks
water
camera
rope
walkie talkie and cell phone, if area corvered by cell, often high elevations are covered by cell phone, even when there are no cell service in that area
windbreaker/raincoat
waterproof and warm seating
lighter
LED headlamp
small and powerful LED flaslight
calls for game
binoculars
extra hat
extra gloves in cold weather
plastic garbage bags
if it looks like rain, a poncho that also can cover daypack and gun, and be used as emergency shelter as well, for you and a girlfriend :)

keep the weight of daypack under 20 pounds.

peashooter
08-11-2010, 05:44 PM

i hear by vow to never, ever hunt with paulyman!

shawnwells
08-11-2010, 06:01 PM
......the kitchen sink...............

steelheadSABO
08-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Leatherman core, some decoy rope, Bullets, magnesium fire starter, roll of toilet paper, buck omni hunter or something it folds and has a gut hook, granola bars, flashlight , folding saw,

dougal
08-11-2010, 08:27 PM
mostly the same crap as everyone else but I don't leave home without BABY WIPES. Like my uncle says " I spend a week in the woods with a bunch of guys and the only part that's clean is my @$$"

'

Paulyman
08-11-2010, 10:06 PM
i hear by vow to never, ever hunt with paulyman!

lol, a man that can joke about this sort of thing is no threat.

troutseeker
08-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Meat, horns and cape. Oh wait, that's on the way back...

sawmill
08-12-2010, 05:09 PM
......the kitchen sink...............
I see by your tag line you might want to follow Pauly Mans advice.

hunter1947
08-13-2010, 02:16 AM
I have a Wiesel ,spot ,knife ,GPS ,some first aid things ,wire ,side cutters ,screwdriver ,spair batteries ,compass ,tinfoil survivor blanket ,plastic garbage bags...

landphil
08-13-2010, 02:26 AM
I always put one of those little tarps 5x7 in my pack, if left in the original wrapping they dont take up much room and can save alot of misery from a sudden downpour several miles from shelter, or you may be lost and need shelter.

The big, heavy orange garbage bags are even smaller to pack and can be easily converted to a poncho by cutting arm and neck holes, and the orange helps if you are lost and hoping to be found.

Walksalot
08-13-2010, 06:08 AM
I have a Wiesel ,spot ,knife ,GPS ,some first aid things ,wire ,side cutters ,screwdriver ,spair batteries ,compass ,tinfoil survivor blanket ,plastic garbage bags...

How do you keep the little bugger from eating your lunch?:)

BCRiverBoater
08-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Baby wipes with the sh*t tickets. Everyone laughs at them but once you try them in the bush you will never leave home with out them. Not as important for the one day trips but when you are out for an extended period of time they are the answer.