PDA

View Full Version : deer calls

dougster
08-10-2010, 08:23 PM
i was wondering if any of the hunters could tell me what is the best call for muley and whitetail bucks? im in kamloops and will be hunting around here and could use the help

BCBowHunter
08-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Well from my experience what I have had with bowhunting mulies, the best thing that draws in Bucks and does is the primos "the can" but you can never go wrong with a doe bleat/fawn bawl call. Sorry i cant help you out with whitetails never hunted them :-?, even though I moved from central Ontario,

bowhuntersparks
08-10-2010, 10:52 PM
when they are in the rut you can rattle them in that has always worked for me only on wt, mulies doe bleat forsure .

JeremyCarrano302
08-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Get a "deer talk" its amazing so simple yet effective works on any animal I've stopped elk and bears when blackie hunting up sayward this spring they come to it like rite now
Its a doe bleat on one side and the other is a disgress call all I can say is one of the best calls out there for under 15 bucks

08-11-2010, 02:47 AM
rattling along with a "bush in the bush" grunt tube has worked well for me in the past

CanuckShooter
08-11-2010, 07:26 AM
a blade of grass between your thumbs.....make your own call in the traditional manner....leave the commercial calls to the metro hunters. Be aware, if you start using calls your going to attract predators so be prepared to have bears, wolves, coyotes, and cats all after the meat on your bones.:wink:

bad arrow
08-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Any of the grunts work good for bucks during the rut, deer sound different from one another just like calls sound different, when to call is more important than what kind. Calling game is thousands of years old and commercial calls are less than a hundred years on the market. Murry Burnham was the first to market a commercial call I believe, a doe will really come running in to a fawn in distress call, try it, then look out.