PDA

View Full Version : Eye pro

Bigbruin
08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Just wondering how many of you hunt while wearing eye/ear protection.

thetackdriver
08-10-2010, 06:56 PM
i dont but my buddy wears his hearing protection like its going out of style. Been more than one occasion where ive had cross hairs on an animal but had to wait for his damn ear plugs to be put in before i could shoot.

Bear Chaser
08-10-2010, 06:59 PM
While big game hunting I wear no eye protection; it would defeat the reason why I had Lasik surgery if I had to remove glasses every time I wanted to look through the binos.
If I were after waterfowl or gophers I would definitely wear both.
There have definitely been times that I wished I was wearing hearing protection for the insurance shot on a bear after it came out of the tree. The muzzle blast at a point blank target is no fun even from a 30.06.
Definitely wear both every time no exceptions at the range.

08-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Range......for sure, most hunting scenarios ......no.

pg83
08-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Range always, Hunting never.

kennyj
08-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I always have ear plugs in my pocket and put them in if I have time.
kenny

MikeH
08-10-2010, 08:57 PM
I carry ballistic eye wear with me while hunting put them on while moving through heavy bush to cut down on branches in the eyes!I see no point wearing them on the range if i'm not going to wear them in the field.Oakley makes some nice ballistic eye wear. SI M frames are nice.

Savage Man
08-10-2010, 09:13 PM
At the range yes !!!!But while hunting HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NaStY
08-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Always at the range. Even get the kids to dbl up. Hunting not a chance. To many things to listen for...

Jelvis
08-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I wear light sunglasses or clear when hunting cuz of branches and sharp twigs hitting the eyes. It has protected my eyes from getting poked.
Jel .. I recommend wearing protection in the bush at all times ..

derek p
08-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Jel .. I recommend wearing protection in the bush at all times ..

LOL, protection in the bush, good one Jelly. What about clearcuts? :)

My dad taught me to always use protection, no matter what your shooting.

igojuone
08-11-2010, 07:29 AM
i dont but my buddy wears his hearing protection like its going out of style. Been more than one occasion where ive had cross hairs on an animal but had to wait for his damn ear plugs to be put in before i could shoot.

This is a joke, right? Why would you wait, is he 6 years old? If he was with me those plugs better be in at all times.

hoochie
08-12-2010, 03:50 AM
if I was in a blind hunting birds and there were lots of shots going off... I might consider wearing ear pro. I have an old set of vented ones that I wear at the range, but I have never even thought of wearing them deer hunting.

1/2 slam
08-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Range? Absolutely. In the Field? Never.

adamgarbett
08-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Out of all my successful hunts I don't think I have ever heard the shot from my gun. To much adrenaline I guess. But when my buddy shot at a charging bear and I got a nice ringing sensation for bout 20 min after from muzzle blast I could have used some ear plugs hahaha

OutWest
08-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Range always, Hunting never.

Same here.

Gateholio
08-12-2010, 10:06 AM
I carry ear plugs, but always forget to put them in...:-D

At the range I am an ear pro nazi, I use foam plugs and put the top end Peltor muffs on top of that.

Elkhound
08-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Range? Absolutely. In the Field? Never.

Thats me too. But I am wearing sunglasses alot while hunting

Chuck
08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
No. Unheard of when I started. Besides the amount of gunfire was to be kept to a minimum anyway. Like, one shot - one kill. Two deer each per year wouldn't cause harm, would it?
410ing grouse all fall never bothered me, as I recall. However I can see how this would make sense at the trap club or at the range. I started wearing corrective lenses in my late 40's and have been lucky to have never damaged my eyes in the bush while hunting or trapping.

Kevin So
08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Range yes...hunting no. btw, how was the lasik surgery? Considering that myself. Please pm me so we don't hijack the thread. Thanks

While big game hunting I wear no eye protection; it would defeat the reason why I had Lasik surgery if I had to remove glasses every time I wanted to look through the binos.
If I were after waterfowl or gophers I would definitely wear both.
There have definitely been times that I wished I was wearing hearing protection for the insurance shot on a bear after it came out of the tree. The muzzle blast at a point blank target is no fun even from a 30.06.
Definitely wear both every time no exceptions at the range.