PDA

View Full Version : Scouting for Elk today

hoyt
08-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Well as the season is nearing I decided to go for a horse ride into some of my areas I will be hunting.
Was nice to see them in these areas, and even saw one begining to do some light tree rubbing.
Looking very forward to the season this year as my boy will be drawing his bow on one soon I hope too!
That will be one he'll of a great day if we can get him on one!
Saw some great 6's left from last year, these areas are well off the beaten path, and a few smaller ones I hope my boy can connect with, or what the hell, he may just well shoot a big boy too.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-10-2010, 04:19 PM
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures!!!!!!!

Bow Walker
08-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Damn. It'd be nice to live in an area that it would be possible to hunt for Elk like I hunt for deer.

hoyt
08-10-2010, 05:02 PM
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures!!!!!!!

So you can guess my areas :-)
will be back out this weekend and yes, will be taking pic's out of trail cam

Ruger4
08-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Well as the season is nearing I decided to go for a horse ride into some of my areas I will be hunting.
Was nice to see them in these areas, and even saw one begining to do some light tree rubbing.
Looking very forward to the season this year as my boy will be drawing his bow on one soon I hope too!
That will be one he'll of a great day if we can get him on one!
Saw some great 6's left from last year, these areas are well off the beaten path, and a few smaller ones I hope my boy can connect with, or what the hell, he may just well shoot a big boy too.

Look forward to the field pics of you and your boy and his elk!!
If you need a hand packing it out , gimme a call :wink:

shawnwells
08-11-2010, 01:51 PM
wicked buddy im excited for elk season too...got the trailcams out right now...your area sounds good !! best of luck this elk season to you and your boy !~