PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan Lake

Islander30
08-10-2010, 09:59 AM
My dad has had a cabin on Sheridan Lake for years, but I'm new to hunting and I can't tell whether it is area 5-1 or 3-30, looking at the synopsis it looks like it's right on the border....can anyone tell me what area that is and where I look for more specific zone border lines(I'd like to know how I would found that out for myself) ?

Thanks

BigBanger
08-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Its in 330, good luck.

BigBanger
08-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Cariboo Chilcotin Backroad Mapbook is where I looked for you. Page 17 , A-5

Islander30
08-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Cariboo Chilcotin Backroad Mapbook is where I looked for you. Page 17 , A-5

Great thanks, I will pick one up !

srupp
08-10-2010, 10:39 AM
I spent my coffe break checking this over..it looks to me as its in 5-1..as I know Gereen lake is..the boundry runs along thebrd from Hwy 97 to where Bridge lake is..south of that rd is 3-30(zonea AND B..

The rd from little Fort the south side is again Zone b of 3-28.. then it gets to zone B of 3-30

Coming from Little Fort you hit 5-1 right around BRIDGE LAKE..

see map 3B in the synopsis,,it definitaly shows sheridan NOT in region 3..

hguh Bigbanger???how ddo you get that??????????????????

My take on it..

Steven

betteroffishing
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
ditto , its definately in 5-1 , not sure what other map you'd need other than the one provided for you in the gov issued synopsis. all of sherridan lake and what looks to be a hundred acres or more outward from its shores is clearly in 5-1. confused.

BigBanger
08-10-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't know I've been wrong before. Like I said I am looking at the back roads map book.
I have lines drawn all over this part of the map for reference so I cant see the M.U. lines that well. My other book is at work and I'm not.

Ill bow out and take your word for it though.

BigBanger
08-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Ah yes, looking at the synopsis , its in 5-1, lol.

srupp
08-10-2010, 11:45 AM
a whiel back someone much smarter than me showed us on this site how to change and arrangle GOOGLE EARTH so it actually shows the differnt M-U'S I did this and it does corespond to what map 5-3 shows...and I KNOW floks get draws for moose in 5-1 and it does include Green lake..

steven

Islander30
08-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I spent my coffe break checking this over..it looks to me as its in 5-1..as I know Gereen lake is..the boundry runs along thebrd from Hwy 97 to where Bridge lake is..south of that rd is 3-30(zonea AND B..

The rd from little Fort the south side is again Zone b of 3-28.. then it gets to zone B of 3-30

Coming from Little Fort you hit 5-1 right around BRIDGE LAKE..

see map 3B in the synopsis,,it definitaly shows sheridan NOT in region 3..

hguh Bigbanger???how ddo you get that??????????????????

My take on it..

Steven

I see now from map 3b it is definatly in 5-1, I had forgotten about the LEH synopisis and was looking in the regs synopsis that I picked up this morning... I see now the LEH has way more detailed maps...oh well I'm learning, a year ago I didn't even know how the LEH worked nevermind what the synopsis was..LOL

Thanks