PDA

View Full Version : Dry fired bow

hardnocks
08-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Sold a guy an pse axe7 he had never shot a bow before he shot it a couple times in the store .
Anyway i was to meet him tonight at the range to help him site it in. well playing with it at home he dry fired it.
I looked it over pretty carefull and all the damage i can see is a bent draw stop and a bit of serving damage on the string .

Jagermeister
08-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Are you going to put it in the bow press and have a look?

Bowzone_Mikey
08-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Is that one of them Fugly X-force axe7s ... with the string stopper???

String stoppers are the best thing to come out for idiot bow owners ... because it stops well not really but severly ******s the string osilation after the shot ....
Damage on an older dry fire bow didnt come from original shot but from the masive oscilation that came with it .... I seen a super slo mo Vid of dry fire .. I think it might be on you tube or at least online ... and it explodes on the back lash oscilation ...

while I am not saying everyone with a string stopper can go out and dryfire their bow all day long .... I am saying those with stoppers have a greatly increased chance of surviving

hardnocks
08-09-2010, 10:17 PM
nope the guys headed to nunavik . If its in pieces when he comes down in 6 months i will know it didn`t survive the dry fire.

hardnocks
08-09-2010, 10:26 PM
I was recuperating from a major injury and all i wanted to do was shoot my boy but i couldn`t pull it.So i would kinda lay it on the couch and draw it . Will it was a razertec and i only had it about half drawn. A new set of worlds worst strings parted . but i went on to shoot the bow about 3000 more times.

Bow Walker
08-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Sold a guy an pse axe7 he had never shot a bow before he shot it a couple times in the store .
Anyway i was to meet him tonight at the range to help him site it in. well playing with it at home he dry fired it.
I looked it over pretty carefull and all the damage i can see is a bent draw stop and a bit of serving damage on the string .
That amount (and kind) of damage indicates that he dry-fired the bow more than just once. :eek:

I'd be very careful about shooting that bow before I had a chance to take it all apart and inspect it very carefuly! :wink:

hardnocks
08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
That amount (and kind) of damage indicates that he dry-fired the bow more than just once. :eek:

I'd be very careful about shooting that bow before I had a chance to take it all apart and inspect it very carefuly! :wink:

:-?that amount of damage . Thats pretty minimal for a torque bow.

Ike
08-10-2010, 01:52 PM
The draw stops on the Axe bows are pretty light weight thread-on affairs (I won't say flimsy) , wouldn't take much to damage them.

I would NOT want to dry fire my Axe 6, there is a lot of energy in that bow. Hopefully he got lucky
Cheers

Bowzone_Mikey
08-10-2010, 01:53 PM

That thought crossed my mind as well ...the AXE is pretty horney

open-sights
08-10-2010, 02:05 PM
all i wanted to do was shoot my boy

Hahaha, freudian?

Back to the thread, Another bow for E-bay.

Bow Walker
08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I may be wrong here but a bent STS and serving damage seems a tad extreme for only one dry firing. I've seen other bows that were dry fired once and I didn't notice any damage such as you describe.:confused:

I't doesn't really matter in the long run, anyway.

hardnocks
08-10-2010, 03:03 PM
a draw stop is a Alum and rubber little round thingy that screws on the cam . At full draw it bumps on the cable .
not real sure how you got draw stop and sts mixed up ...LOL

Ruger4
08-10-2010, 03:33 PM

So if it comes back in pieces was the damage still minimal ??

Bow should be thoroughly inspected by someone that does know what their doing :wink:

Bow Walker
08-10-2010, 04:19 PM
a draw stop is a Alum and rubber little round thingy that screws on the cam . At full draw it bumps on the cable .
not real sure how you got draw stop and sts mixed up ...LOL
It's called skim-reading and not paying enough attention. But my original thoughts still stand.

BTW, I agree with Ruger4 whole heartedly.:wink:

hardnocks
08-10-2010, 04:23 PM
So if it comes back in pieces was the damage still minimal ??

Bow should be thoroughly inspected by someone that does know what their doing :wink:

I do know my way around a bow . But it matters not no one is going to give it a thorouglhl inspection cause its on it way to nunavack

Bow Walker
08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Let's hope for the best in this situation.