PDA

View Full Version : Saskatchewan geese

Gunner
08-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Anyone thinking of heading back for geese,this could be THE year.Got a call from a buddy and southwestern and west central Saskatchewan got more rain than they've had for years,and there are full sloughs everywhere.Lots of ducks around and the geese should stay right til freezeup.I may swing up that way after my Montana antelope hunt. Gunner

skhunter
08-21-2010, 08:04 PM
hey gunner, sorry to hi-jack. your montana hunt is that guides or can a non resident just go there and hunt antelope. I would love to do an archery hunt there.

Gunner
08-21-2010, 08:24 PM
hey gunner, sorry to hi-jack. your montana hunt is that guides or can a non resident just go there and hunt antelope. I would love to do an archery hunt there.Hi skhunter,for nonresidents its draw but I got a rifle draw my first try.Archery draws are 900,no guide is neccesary and you can hunt a HUGE area of Block Management land.You should have no trouble getting an archery draw for next seson.Punch in Montana Fish & Game,all the info is there! Cheers,Gunner

Crazy_Farmer
08-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Good to hear Murray. Nice picture by your name by the way!!!

I have a friend in Oregon that me and Matt talk to quite a bit and him and his son have hunted for Antelope quite a bit there. He always talked about the days when you used to get 6 tags for goats for surplus licenses, you HAD to shoot your 5 does before the male. He's shot alot of them over the years so he goes back when somebody needs help with them now.

He mentioned the huge land that was huntable out there. Massive area.

As for the Sask geese. We got family there that has phoned a week before the season opens and asks if we're coming out to their farm last year. We havent gone yet but one day we'll load the trailer up and head out. Doesnt look like this year either we'll get out there.

Gunner
08-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Crazy Farmer,you've got to get out there,it's a sight to see 100,000 geese in a day!I've had 5-6,000 geese coming in to me at one time,it's unbelievably exciting.My wife has family back there,we actually got married there between goose shoots.Mr.Smith is making noises about going,he's been there with me before.I'm going to see if I can work in a goose hunt before I head south. Cheers,Gunner

kyleklassen
08-27-2010, 12:11 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/scan0072.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20240&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent)to anybody that hasn't seen it go do it you won't regret it.

dukester
08-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Indeed we have plenty of rain, full sloughs. Duck pop is excell. so i expect Oct mallards to be a good time in larger ponds. Thanksgiving wkend is the best shoots.

longshotz
09-20-2010, 08:42 AM
South Sask. for 7 days Oct 19/26. Been there for past 4 out of 5 years. Superb shooting!!!