http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbyYW9cerxA

Made by natives, BCWF and fishing guides in the area

Wild one
08-09-2010, 09:06 AM
When are they making part 2 about what is really going on out there

Leaseman
08-09-2010, 09:18 AM
That was last years video and one well "done".....:roll:

Part of our government needs to grow a back bone and address ALL people the same...... we have gone through all the checks on the boat a few times and had drift nets ignored (no opening) as we are getting the speach about how they are cracking down on illegal activities......:confused:

Would love to have the tv cameras out there on some occassions I have seen!

(When I read this topic, I thought it was going to be about the sockeye opening....:mrgreen:)

Mike

blackford
08-09-2010, 09:28 AM
In my years of fishing i have never had a first nations person come and tell me what they are doing.... Its usally yelling honky at me or hooting and hollaring . also its a big river... when they showed the guys putting the nets in right beside the bar...

so ridicoulos.

srupp
08-09-2010, 09:44 AM
total BS..hmmm I wonder how much $$$$$$$$$$$ WE paid for that crap.

Steven

leatherlungs
08-09-2010, 09:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YxzZZW1uRc

leatherlungs
08-09-2010, 09:55 AM
and this is what happens when you dont let them do whatever they want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq28fHUJ1fU

Devilbear
08-09-2010, 09:55 AM
I find it very telling that the "white" Canadians were told to move and reel in their lines and thus stop angling so that the aboriginals could use their nets.

I also am intrigued by the totally "traditional" gear and methods employed by these aboriginals to catch the salmon in quantities far beyond what they can eat. This, no doubt, is their "traditional" manner of being "stewards of the land".......

I have not fished the Fraser for some twenty years, however, my nephew did until he moved to Australia in March, 2009 and he told me of the huge "catches" of Salmon in massive nets hauled by brandnew 4x4s driven by aboriginals that he saw where they were casting...."real natural conservation"......

I will say this, ANY aboriginal who shouts a term such as "honky" to me, will immediately be told to stop threatening me.....once...and then, my replies would "go ballistic".

fuzzybiscuit
08-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Well...wasn't that precious.

Just gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling inside.:smile:

I'll give this video 24hrs. before it's locked.

ruger#1
08-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Well...wasn't that precious.

Just gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling inside.:smile:

I'll give this video 24hrs. before it's locked. LOL, might be sooner Then we think.

Devilbear
08-09-2010, 10:10 AM
The last video link just before my post was put up while I was typing and the behaviour of the women was simply bizarre and their language was shocking....we are supposed to RESPECT these people??????

I used to live in Maple Ridge and drove that highway twice every day for work; I do not usually go armed in my vehicle, but, I am now considering it.

The driver of that white pickup was very clearly assaulted and I will NEVER tolerate one of these people touching my person or my wife in such a fashion, I WILL "go tactical" in self defence, immediately.

It is US, ALL OF US, who need to grow a backbone and DEMAND that our governments stop allowing these aboriginals ANY influence, power or special considerations....and, going armed to deal with an outrage like that shown here is a good first step in the process.

A 1-ton 4x4 with a welded "cowcatcher" bumper would be a useful tool, too!

BlacktailStalker
08-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Gag.
"You anchored a little too far out!"
Sorry dickhead I didn't see the yellow line dividing anchor/non anchor zones... I mean races.

Does Rosa Parks still have to sit at the back of the bus ?
I think not.

If that burial ground was so "sacred" it wouldn't have been "discovered" as it would never have been forgotten.

Phreddy
08-09-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm all for first (?) nations' traditional hunting and fishing rights provided they do it in the traditional way with traditional equipment.
If they want to use modern technology, which was brought to them by us "honky" white folks, then they should be restricted in the same way we are.
I was born in Canada by Canadians who were born in Canada, and I really couldn't give a crap about what happened to whom 100 or 200 years ago.
You treat me as an equal I'll gladly extend the same courtesy. Treat me as an intruder and you'll get double back.

ruger#1
08-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I am glad I have a train horn on my truck, They would be running unless they had ear plugs.

Paulyman
08-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Barf, as if they aren't slagging each other as soon as the camera is off.

srupp
08-09-2010, 10:26 AM
rueger #1 now thats a GREAT investement...lol...would have PAID to be there when they stood in front of your vehicle..one has to have your own video camera..so when some PUKE..no matter who..as in the OlypIGS disaster when protestors vandalized several vehicles trying to get by...

Steven

Steeleco
08-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I don't fish as I used too. But even I recall being screamed at as the boat drifted by. Yet only an hour later the Aholes in the boat tried selling up their fish. You can bet sales was slow, but some dumb asses still bought them.

It only takes a few bad apples, but the taste lasts a long time.

newhunterette
08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Peter was fishing yesterday and he saw a canoe with people fishing (first nations) and the RCMP zodiac came along side with the DFO as well. They were being checked out pretty thoroughly, Peter did take video of the scene but not sure if it can be posted (have to screen it myself first for language content - lol)

Elkhound
08-09-2010, 11:02 AM
speaking of language.......please refrain from using offensive terms people. While I cant stand being politically correct we must do that on this open forum. Thank you. Dont want to lock another thread because of it

08-09-2010, 11:04 AM
what a load of bs. that video was tooo funny. I would love to see that really happen. I was just up in port Alberni and the native gillnetters were running wild, and between them were the guys snagging fish right on public beaches all up the river it was a total gong show. then they were selling the fish out of there trucks, yards, and even on craigslist. Nice.

leatherlungs
08-09-2010, 11:16 AM
We need to video everything they do and put it on YouTube. Video them selling fish for example. Cut and Expose !!! It might not stop it but it will show everyone the truth.

Jagermeister
08-09-2010, 11:20 AM
I figure that if you are going to protest, you should be up front about it, not hide behind the facemask of secrecy. Friggen Cowards!
If you or I were to try that tactic, we would be on the ground with our arms pinned behind our backs in a heartbeat.
Of course, crabbing about it here essentially does little, gets it off your chest until the next round comes around.

I wonder if they're aware of the technology that does not need to see the entire face to identify a person?

shadow1982
08-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Interesting Video, i wonder where RCMP was when Golden ears was getting blocked...

baseball bats in trunk of your car is always a handy tool... make sure all your friends are aware of the baseball league you belong to... wink wink... lol... but i think ruger's horn is just beautiful

betteroffishing
08-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I think not.

If that burial ground was so "sacred" it wouldn't have been "discovered" as it would never have been forgotten.

well put bts , doesnt it just make your stomach turn , the complete lack of respect some people show for their own ancestry. until that is they feel they can gain something , then theres all sorts of passion and tears and remembrance.

Bpower
08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
From my understanding the Golden Eagles bridge was not built ontop of a burial ground.

There was an old Katzie Nation home site discovered off of Abernathy Way about a kilometer from the bridge. This area was found during contruction of a connecting road for the bridge. There was a period of time given to those who had an interest in the site for them to excavate and remove anything of interest or value to them. There was a team of archiologists and Katzie Nation people who did a significant amount of work on this site before contruction of the road proceeded.

sparkes3
08-09-2010, 06:08 PM
well boys i got a new bonanza cuz im gonna get me some of the shit they were smoking and good old bc bud is gonna get a run for is money.
looks like we need a few good old fashioned cow boys to straighten things out

huntcoop
08-09-2010, 06:27 PM
...looks like we need a few good old fashioned cow boys to straighten things out

I agree and love the idea, but IBTL.

22savage
08-09-2010, 07:56 PM
They closed a gooeyduck fishery today day because of a native protest . I wish our government would stop being jelly fish and get some back bone. The natives seem to be doing this more and more , with no fear of being charged for anything they do, it will continue until people get fed up with the bs and take matters into their own hands.

Devilbear
08-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Sooner or later, some of the more radical ones will interpret the lack of action by various governments as a willingness to accept anything on the part of all "white" people...and, they will kill a "whitey" or a few, just to show us.......

Then, people WILL ...take things into their own hands... and the results will be very bloody and will not benefit anyone. I can see this happening in a couple of situations involving "ethno-cultural" conflicts in Canada and I am afraid that things have already gone so far that such a terrible end is inevitable.........sad, that government policy can lead to such a disaster.

Phreddy
08-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Sooner or later, some of the more radical ones will interpret the lack of action by various governments as a willingness to accept anything on the part of all "white" people...and, they will kill a "whitey" or a few, just to show us.......

Then, people WILL ...take things into their own hands... and the results will be very bloody and will not benefit anyone. I can see this happening in a couple of situations involving "ethno-cultural" conflicts in Canada and I am afraid that things have already gone so far that such a terrible end is inevitable.........sad, that government policy can lead to such a disaster.

That's one of the main reasons why the Libs and NDP want to eventually take our guns away. If you look down through history, pretty much every holocust and dictatorship started with the confiscation of firearms from a select group of society. In our case it's the white man, so the gang bangers, muslims and first (?) nations won't be as likely to get hurt when they decide their time has arrived.
Don't believe me? Read the history books. Its all there.

Devilbear
08-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I study serious, scholastic history constantly and I totally concur; this IS a deliberate attempt to weaken "white" democracy and for a purpose I have commented on here many times.

Long story short, the wealthy and powerful of the world want our resources and are using the aboriginal, refugee and "human rights" approach to get them. The mighty U.S.A. has sponsored a UN resolution stating that WATER is a "basic human right"........Canada has, guess what, WATER........

Our Dominion is under seige and we MUST fight back to keep our culture and our lands and resources; this country belongs to those whose forbears built it and ANY action in defence of Canada is morally sound.

Phreddy
08-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I study serious, scholastic history constantly and I totally concur; this IS a deliberate attempt to weaken "white" democracy and for a purpose I have commented on here many times.

Long story short, the wealthy and powerful of the world want our resources and are using the aboriginal, refugee and "human rights" approach to get them. The mighty U.S.A. has sponsored a UN resolution stating that WATER is a "basic human right"........Canada has, guess what, WATER........

Our Dominion is under seige and we MUST fight back to keep our culture and our lands and resources; this country belongs to those whose forbears built it and ANY action in defence of Canada is morally sound.

Chairmen Iggy & Jacko backed by Brother Gilles would strongly disagree.

FishandHunt
08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
This video should have starred Will Ferrell and Robin Williams since it is a complete comedy. I know i'm repeating what other posters have said but this video is a complete joke. You want to know the real scoop about fishing just ask the Hatchery workers at your local hatch. If this is seriously how some people think it should go on the river I'm scared for their mental health.
I dont understand why you can sweep the River with gill nets for "ceremonial" fishing and then try to sell me the salmon out of the back of a 94 chevy van? I guess I just dont understand the tradition and ethics behind it, call me crazy.