PDA

View Full Version : Fenix PD30

beanshooter
08-09-2010, 01:22 AM
I just wanted to post a quick review of a product I've been quite satisfied with over the past couple months. Now just as a disclaimer I'm not a big light nerd so you're not gonna get any technical mubmo jumbo.

I got the fenix pd30 from vantage point outfitters a few months ago as the first light that I actually put a bit of money into. Before this it was the 5 for $15 LED deal at home depot or the cheap one at the local home hardware checkout counter. Well not surprisingly you get what you pay for, and after way to many times pushing the button and getting nothing I was fed up. So I splurged on an $80 flashlight to see what kind of difference there was.

So far I've used the light for general day to day use, under-car auto repairs, early morning fishing trips, and an overnight camping trip up the wedge.

I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Every single time I hit the switch the light goes on without ever having a doubt that it would. With the cheap crap I've been used to, that went a long way towards making me a convert.

I found the light very easy to grasp and it felt solid in my had. It's very intuitive to switch between modes and it's nice piece of mind to have the SOS mode even though I expect to never have to use it. The brightest setting is more than enough light to find or see anything within 60-100 feet and the low setting with the diffuser is great to read by or light up a tent. As a bonus it even fits into the attachment that came with my used mossberg 500 although I haven't and won't test it for 12ga recoil.

In summary, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a very reliable small/medium flashlight that does what it says it will and won't let you down. If you have any questions about this model don't hesitate to respond or shoot me a pm.

cheers, bs

The Hermit
08-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Glad you like it! I am a big fan of the Fenix lights which is why I got the dealer thing going with them. Thanks for the plug!