PDA

View Full Version : Will Pemberton Landslide affect 2-11 Hunt?

NdnHunter
08-08-2010, 11:16 PM
I drew a doe tag this year for region 2-11. I know the Pemberton landslide just happened not too long ago & to be honest I'm not even sure what specific areas are affected but I heard on the news that none of the rec sites around the Pemberton area will be safe for some time. Of course 2-11 is big & I'm sure the landslides haven't affected every single square inch of that management area but I'm wondering if anyone knows or heard any rumors about closing access to any of the forest service roads, closing the area to hunting/canceling the LEH hunt? If they did cancel the hunt in that area, do you think I'd be given opportunity to hunt another area for the LEH or would I be SOL?

Gateholio
08-08-2010, 11:37 PM
The slide affected a pretty small part of 2-11. Lots of room to hunt still.

rollingrock
08-09-2010, 03:55 AM
How about Hurley Pass entrance?

pembified
08-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Tell everyone you know, 2-11 is basically one big mud bog. All the deer left during the evac order, and moved over to, whats-its-name, ummm...3-21 or 22, whatever it takes. And they don't have wifi access there, so they didn't hear the order was rescinded. :-D
Nope, no deer here. Plus I wouldn't trust that Gatehouse guy, he's all for not hugging RMOW bears. Next time, show them how you can hunt a bear with an assegai, I bet the council hasn't thought of that yet.

The Hurley is far from the slide area.

rollingrock
08-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks man! :)

bandit
08-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Word is fishing on the lillooet river will be very bad for at least a couple of years until all the mud finally washes out

cainer
08-12-2010, 08:45 PM
just don't plan on hunting near meager and you should be fine ;)