PDA

View Full Version : Jacket Manufacturers?

rudysteelhead
08-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Hello users,

To make a long story short i donated my Rivers West jacket to the deep cold water of toba inlet and I am in need of a replacement. As most of the Islanders know, the selection isn't great over here and I was curious to know if anyone has a brand of jacket that they wouldn't go hunting without. I want to stay away from Rivers West because I found it doesn't breath well while on the mountian-bike and tends to get heavy when wet. I appreciate your feedback.

Shooter
08-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I have a Browning jacket that works great later in the season but its a bit heavy as well but I stay warm and dry. I don't tend to use it in the early season its just too warm. I don't know if we can have the luxury of only one hunting jacket. Climate changes so much from the beginning of the season to the end. I guess with a full Layering system a Sitka jacket might work well but I don't think they are 100% waterproof. At least my pants aren't. I think I am going to look for a light weight top layer jacket this year that is mainly just used for keeping dry and the warmth will come from layers. Over the offseason this year I have picked up some good Under Armour base and mid layers I just need a good shell now.