View Full Version : 4Pt Whitetail left to die

Pete
08-08-2010, 06:24 PM
While doing my Beach run at 5am this morning I found a really nice 4 pt Whitetail that had been shot through the guts and left to die. This Deer was on the beach at Paddlewheel Park in Vernon near the kids play ground. Kids were all over the place The deer was laying down with blood running down it's side. I had hoped that it would pass away on it's own but that was not to be. Thanks to the help from the operator at the Wildlife Reporting Hotline and the RCMP the Deer was humainly dispatched. What a pile of crap!!!! I hope the catch this turd!!!!!

dougal
08-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Poachers and @$$ holes with nothing better to do wasting our opportunity and resources on a blatant wast of our passion.
my wife and I put a great deal of thought over the collection and use of the animals we harvest, and it kills me when some dumb ass kills something for illegal profit and entertainment.
No respect for the animal or the hunters
what a waste

AlbertaDiver
08-08-2010, 06:33 PM
We have a lot of problems with this on the Alberta side too. Best thing we can all do is report poachers and incidents like this as much as we can. Maybe 1 out 40 guys ever get caught, but at least some do face some consequences!

Jelvis
08-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Maybe hit by car or impaled on a stick when jumping over a stream?

dougster
08-08-2010, 06:36 PM
i vote we have an open poacher season... let some of those a$$holes get smoked and make poaching something nobody would dare try

ruger#1
08-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Then again it could of been in an orchard and some farmer shot it. Still not a good thing.

Jelvis
08-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I heard someone taking shots about three in the morning the other night.
Was wondering what was going on but it ain't the first time.
Never heard a siren after so don't know..
Jelly Night Shots after dark .. ?

hawkfu
08-08-2010, 06:40 PM
r u sure itz a gun shot? or accident?

Jelvis
08-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Maybe it was in someones garden eating and walking all over the tomatoe plants and Bang Bang!
Jel .. Hey deer get outta my yard maybe eh who knows .. Maybe get the cops to bring out the sniffer dog and track it back to the crime scene ..

Chuck
08-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I sure hate to hear stories like this. If they gotta kill something, why don't they take their shotguns and go find some crows somewhere.
At least they might do something somewhat beneficial imo.

Jelvis
08-08-2010, 06:46 PM
On private property destroying young apple seedlings or some one culling the whitetail invasion? It's very hard to say when guessing about a wounded animule...a deer can run 12 miles in an hour and goes for water when wounded hence you saw it by wah wah .. and it could have been wounded 12 miles away.
Try not to assume someone shot it or where it was when wounded or if it was shot by who or why and how?
Imagination is a big thing that can cause many stories like the animal was on private property and was attacking a loved family pet shitsu or persian cat and the owners dad took out his cross-bow and let it fly in a panic attack to save the family pet .. see where dis is goin .. wide open theory on how and why, when, where and who knows. Your guessing and assuming .. no one will ever know ..

bad arrow
08-08-2010, 07:37 PM
A deer cant run 12 miles in an hour they dont have that kind of stamina, and wouldn't anyways especially when wounded, some people have no respect for animals and routinely shoot, shovel, and shutup. It happens all the time in the Okanagan and some orchardists are the worst offenders.

APOSTLEsix
08-08-2010, 07:46 PM
In my experience, as I have a whitetail doe who likes to forage in my own garden, it seems that they do not prefer tomatoes... She really likes my strawberries, swiss char, bell peppers, and beans... My tomatoes have been safe all summer (so far)

Anyways, tho I'd love to be rid of the nuisance I will just have to wait 'til Oct 1st... If she's still around, she's mine :)

At least I know she's been eating healthy and will be ripe for the picking.

Sad that some people would value some minor vegetables higher than one of natures living creatures.

ruger#1
08-08-2010, 07:48 PM
On private property destroying young apple seedlings or some one culling the whitetail invasion? .. Bad Arrow is right and Jelvis they also love grape plants, cherry , peach and apple trees. And they do a lot of damage to the larger trees. A lot of orchardist have permits to kill any deer in there orchard.

sarnold
08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
thats a shitty spot for a wounded deer......that is a VERY busy place!
I would say it might not have been from a gun shot..

uraarchr
08-08-2010, 09:50 PM
i worked at a large building near there(construction).we watched from the second floor as mulies trashed trees and shrubs below us in the neighbouring yards.still no excuse to waste good meat .hang em!

Fido
08-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Well the deer up here at Loon Lake seem to love my roses and I don't shot them. If it is a poacher then maybe the law that we have or don't have string them up. Just me point of view.