PDA

View Full Version : Blue Creek Outfitters Rental Corp

boonerbuck
04-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Blue Creek Outfitters Rental Corp

Anyone use or know of anyone who has used this service. They are on a trip right now and I await their reply but would like to ask around about their service while i wait.

mainland hunter
04-19-2006, 03:14 PM
i've considered using them in the past as well but dont really know too much about them. they're located in mcbride and a cousin of mine knows them cause he lives out there but as far as their service goes i dont know anyone who has used them. but it sounds like a good adventure for one day

Husky7mm
04-19-2006, 06:28 PM
They have been avertising in tha reg's for years. If they were no good they would have went under by now, You should call them for references.

CanAm500
04-19-2006, 06:33 PM
There website is done nicely.

kutenay
04-19-2006, 06:52 PM
There is/was a guy who lived near Castlegar who advertised about four years ago in the regs and maybe in "BCOutdoors". I phoned him and talked about a trip for Elk in a number of W.Koot. places I know of and he was VERY enthusiastic and knew the country well, including a certain trail that only people from oldtime families know about. I cannot think of his name at the moment, but, someone here might know who I am referring to.

I cannot be bothered with horses in the W.Koot. or Boundary country for hunting Elk, but, getting into Abruzzi Crk. behind Fontana's camp up the Elk Valley is one place that they would help a lot. I spent my 21st birthday swinging a Pulaski on that old road, too many years ago and was there twice last year. I kinda think that the hikers, mtn. bikers and residents keep the Elk very skittish there, although I did run into a fairly decent Grizzly just down from Fontana's in June.

Some of the Arrow Lakes LEH areas are good for horses and the biggest Elk I have seen in 40+ years of watching the *******s are there, too, but the LEH odds suck....we need MORE resident open seasons and many areas banned from hunting by G/Os.