08-06-2010, 03:31 PM
sockeye open mon morn upper fraser aug 9

NaStY
08-06-2010, 03:48 PM
The current status of the Fraser River sockeye return provides for recreational
sockeye retention opportunities in the non-tidal waters of the Fraser River in
Region 2.

Effective one hour before sunrise Monday, August 9, 2010 until further notice,
in those waters of the Fraser River in Region 2 (non-tidal Fraser River)
retention of sockeye is permitted with a daily limit of two (2) per day.

The current status of the Fraser River sockeye return provides for recreational
sockeye retention opportunities in the Harrison River in Region 2.

Effective one hour before sunrise Monday August 09, until further notice you
may retain two (2) sockeye salmon per day in that portion of the Harrison River
downstream of the Highway 7 bridge to the confluence with the Fraser River.

endtimerwithabow
08-07-2010, 03:05 PM
gobble gobble lol

duckhunt
08-08-2010, 05:09 PM
where does it say on the website? can someone post the link.

endtimerwithabow
08-08-2010, 05:17 PM
went out today and caught a few. buddys first cast and fish on

NaStY
08-08-2010, 06:08 PM
http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/xnet/content/fns/index.cfm?pg=search_results〈=en&ID=recreational&Year=2010 (http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/xnet/content/fns/index.cfm?pg=search_results&lang=en&ID=recreational&Year=2010)

yzchamp
08-08-2010, 06:14 PM
where abouts is a good place go?

NaStY
08-08-2010, 06:20 PM
There are many places to go. If you have a boat it will increase your chances. If you don't, get out there and look. I have always been able to either own a boat or get a ride so access to areas from walking im not totally aware of. Drive up and down the river till you find where people are going.

ruger#1
08-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Guys used to catch them at stawberry Island. It's a little walk.

mijinkal
08-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm going to fight the crowds at Peg Leg toniught or tomorrow. Does anybody know how high the water is there right now? Last week only boats were making it across the channel.
Thinking of bringing the canoe and darting across.

mijinkal
08-09-2010, 09:48 AM
where does it say on the website? can someone post the link.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/opportunities-possibilites/fresh-douce-eng.htm#2

yzchamp
08-09-2010, 11:49 AM
no boat... will be driving from kamloops and never fished that way...

r106
08-09-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm going to fight the crowds at Peg Leg toniught or tomorrow. Does anybody know how high the water is there right now? Last week only boats were making it across the channel.
Thinking of bringing the canoe and darting across.

Bring your canoe. there is No way accross short of a boat or swiming. Just launch the canoe up river a bit and giver, it's only about 25-30 yards wide but it has a bit of a current. It didn't look to buisy if you get across the channel. This morning the fishing wasn't great for me I got skunked and I only seen a couple caught. But good luck to ya.

If anyone knows a decent spot feel free to PM me :-D I'm goin again tomorrow morning
________
NEW JERSEY DISPENSARIES (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

newhunterette
08-09-2010, 12:30 PM
we will be going out on the boat either tomorrow or wednesday - can't wait to get some sockeye in my freezer mmmmmmmmmmm

speaking of salmon though a really good buddy was fishing with westcoast resorts this past weekend and he nailed the biggest chinook so far for their season - 64lb

I am sure he will email a pic of the fish to Peter - they are doing the Bobby Baun Classic Fishing Derby together in a couple weeks

sorry didn't mean to go off topic

tight lines everyone who is heading out to the rivers to fish - be careful on the shores as there are some goons out there that just look for a reason to fight

1/2 slam
08-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Myself and 2 buddies went out this morning 2 soc's each and 1 spring by 9.

Barracuda
08-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I think we are gonna end up going out wed. any tips?

r106
08-09-2010, 05:00 PM
I think we are gonna end up going out wed. any tips?

Yep...................... the fish are in the water :mrgreen:
________
List of ford vin codes specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_Ford_VIN_codes)

betteroffishing
08-09-2010, 05:05 PM
had the girls out in the boat today , wife caught 1 nice size sock , daughter had one on but lost it , i on the other hand , got skunked. not a nibble for dear old dad. we were fishing mountain bar ?? id never heard of it till today , but thats what the other guys were calling it.

Barracuda
08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
i was gonna go to the bars across from the harrison mouth. anyone got a detailed map of the fraser with local names cause evryone says this place or that place and it really means nothing to me

betteroffishing
08-09-2010, 06:22 PM
pretty good fishing map of the fraser available for 10-20 bucks at most fishing supply stores. pretty good detail , though specifically not for navigational purposes. its an old fashioned accordion style map on water proof paper in blue and white , i forgeet the maker or " brand " but they should know the one im referring to if you ask.

Barracuda
08-09-2010, 07:22 PM
i have seen that one and i cant say that i would be happy paying $20 for that unless it was a last resort (im getting closer:lol: ). i have maps in my map book but have none of the names in it. I was kinda hopeing to find something on the net for free

3006pg
08-09-2010, 09:52 PM
went out today for a few hours after work got nothing, and nobody around us got anything either but apparently they were hammering them this morning in chilliwack

GoatGuy
08-10-2010, 02:28 AM
Seems to be a pile of fish. Look for vehicles parked on or near the highway and you will find a spot to fish.

ryanb
08-10-2010, 02:44 AM
Lots to be had out there, just gotta find the right spot. Boat helps big time.

Me and a friend easily caught our 2 each.

Cdn-Redneck
08-10-2010, 03:35 AM
We each got one and lost eight. I have never seen so many boats out there in all the years this has been going on. It was nuts at the Ferry Island launch.

r106
08-10-2010, 10:36 AM
got to the river at 6:30 got my 2 sockeye by 7:15. The guy I was with got both his by 8:00. There was about 6 other people fishing that spot everyone got along they all got there limit. Good day on the river:mrgreen:
________
Silver Surfer Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

mijinkal
08-10-2010, 11:27 AM
got to the river at 6:30 got my 2 sockeye by 7:15. The guy I was with got both his by 8:00. There was about 6 other people fishing that spot everyone got along they all got there limit. Good day on the river:mrgreen:

Good to hear.
I'll be out to peg tomorrow morning with the kids. Hopefully it's not a huge gong show early in the morning. I'd love them to get their first salmon.
I took a look at the river at Derby Reach yesterday and there were plenty of salmon jumping around.

betteroffishing
08-10-2010, 12:50 PM
is peg leg fishable from shore yet ?? any word on how much longer it will be open for ??

abbyfireguy
08-10-2010, 01:45 PM
A very small portion at peg leg. The freshet carved much of the old huge bar away.
Got my two yesterday.
Heading out to fire up the jet in 30 minutes.
Hopefully back by supper time.

r106
08-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Good to hear.
I'll be out to peg tomorrow morning with the kids. Hopefully it's not a huge gong show early in the morning. I'd love them to get their first salmon.
I took a look at the river at Derby Reach yesterday and there were plenty of salmon jumping around.

I took a drive up to peg on monday and it was busy. If you got a boat your good but if you don't it might be tough. There's not much of a area to fish from shore, realy there is only one or two good spots there right now.

Good luck to ya. I hope your kids get there first salmon
________
Nevada dispensaries (http://nevada.dispensaries.org/)

lip_ripper00
08-10-2010, 03:21 PM
The Fraser river fleet has it's first opening in 2 years, will slow the fishing down until after the weekend.

3006pg
08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
does anybody know if sockeye are still open in the fraser in chilliwack???

NaStY
08-10-2010, 07:41 PM
does anybody know if sockeye are still open in the fraser in chilliwack???

Um ya unless they decided to close the whole river?

3006pg
08-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Um ya unless they decided to close the whole river?

thanks nasty i was just making sure they were open cuz i was planning on heading out right after work tmo

NaStY
08-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't foresee the river closing soon. In fact it could be open till the end of the month if we continue to see the size of returns were seeing now in the ocean. Then again, its probably to good to be true.............

3006pg
08-10-2010, 07:56 PM
everything is always to good to be true haha thats just the way she goes